New Tires and Wheels

• Seems like there are several different charts and they all say different. I'd be a bit cautious in believing any of them as there are a lot of factors involved. For example
    http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums…-3-8-jk-gear-ratio-charts

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Edited once, last by 2000sahara ().

• I agree with you Ed. Too many charts to make sense of all of it. The chart you posted says the factory installed ratios are too low. If you're a newbee at this, how do you know what is the right set-up?

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Instead of using a chart your better off searching for a gear ratio calculator. Find one that takes into account as many details as possible. Tire size, adjusted tire size, transmission type, trans gearing, engine type etc. The more parameters you have the closer your accuracy will be. That being said there is no replacement for someone with actual knowledge of the setup your running. You just have to weed out the some of the info from all the web wheelers out there that continuously pout off incorrect crap that their cousins brothers drunk uncle told them. Like you stated before some will say 456 and some say 513. Some may have the newer engine (3.6l) others may be running the older one (3.8l) which could make a big difference in power and drive ability. Some may have a thousand bolt on accessories weighing thier already underpowered rigs down, in which case they may need 513s to get it rolling. It's all just a learning process. Do your homework, get opinions, take the good with the bad and find something that works for you.
    -Ed

On and Anxious.... You go right ahead and keep stalling out on every other rock. I'll see you at the end of the trail. :mrgreen:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Instead of using a chart your better off searching for a gear ratio calculator. Find one that takes into account as many details as possible. Tire size, adjusted tire size, transmission type, trans gearing, engine type etc. The more parameters you have the closer your accuracy will be. That being said there is no replacement for someone with actual knowledge of the setup your running. You just have to weed out the some of the info from all the web wheelers out there that continuously pout off incorrect crap that their cousins brothers drunk uncle told them. Like you stated before some will say 456 and some say 513. Some may have the newer engine (3.6l) others may be running the older one (3.8l) which could make a big difference in power and drive ability. Some may have a thousand bolt on accessories weighing thier already underpowered rigs down, in which case they may need 513s to get it rolling. It's all just a learning process. Do your homework, get opinions, take the good with the bad and find something that works for you.
    -Ed

On and Anxious.... You go right ahead and keep stalling out on every other rock. I'll see you at the end of the trail. :mrgreen:

I'm going to cry in a corner now.

• I picked up a superchip this week and changed my tire size. I didn't realize the update changes your shift points on an automatic. The 3.73 is almost bearable on the 35's now because it gets into overdrive much easier. At least I don't feel like I have to swap gears too soon.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!