Help Please- Front right upper control arm bracket split

• I was under the 2009 JK today changing the oil and I noticed that my front right upper control arm bracket is split (pics below). I am not sure how or when this happened as I have never done any wheeling other than surf fishing and no grand canyon pot hole hits so far either. I assume that I will need to get this cut off and a new one welded back on the axle. Anyone know if there are any other options or where I could get this repaired at a reasonable price?

• Quadna and Knox you guys rock! :up:
    I have been looking on line for a picture or part diagram but couldn't find anything that showed the split. I appreciate the response and the fact that I don't have to strangle the steering wheel waiting for the thing to let loose tomorrow morning.

• I dunno about current build quality, but first few years had brittle front axles. A few were broken like that when wheeling in the cold. One cracked at RC, actually.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I had a friend grenade one worse than that. From what Ive heard the jk d30's are very brittle if they are not sleeved and inner c gussets are not added the housing itself is prone to crack with a good hit. I think synergy sells a kit that has that stuff plus gaurds for the lca brackets.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!