JFJ Summer Show & Shine

• I thought it was great seeing other local clubs attend as well. The SDJC was there and I think a few others.

Car crush was fun. Having it right by the highway was a good idea for showing off the event. :driving: [size=2] I'm sure the people driving by were like, "WTH!" [/size] :o

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Glad Everyone had a good time, I don't think things could have went any smoother.... The event wasn't even over Saturday and Joe T (the general manager @ Carman) was already talking about next year! ;D

Oh yeah, I can think of one thing we need to fix... Our lot guys need some training :laughing:

• Was a great time, An one know the number of wavers signed? Wondering how many did the car crush.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I have video's off almost all the car crushes. I'll e-mail them to Keith later.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Did anyone take a picture of me on the RTI ramp?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Oh yeah, I can think of one thing we need to fix... Our lot guys need some training :laughing:

What you talking bout Willis! We did one hell of a job!! :razz:

*Keith's photo*

I only got a few...
    Steve conquering Mount Taurus (I think they were Fords :shrug: )

Early birds

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• For those of y'all who don't Facebook or haven't joined the JFJ page...

Donations made to the Ronald McDonald House! Thanks to everyone who donated! The staff and volunteers were once again overjoyed at your kindness! :hug:
    We filled up about 3/4 of that Dodge minivan and it took 3 Jeeps packed to get it up to the RMH house.

*Photo by Turtle*

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Glad to see Tony posting on here, all the guys at the dealership did an amazing job helping/putting up with us. I am very Happy that Joe enjoyed himself and we did discuss future events so hopefully that will happen and we can make it bigger and better.

Also need to pimp the Jeeps for Joy Facebook page, the way Facebook works with their Pages these days absolutely sucks. We have about 311 followers but the more we have the more chance there is that our information will get out to the masses without us having to spend money promoting the posts. So please, please, please like our Facebook page and tell all your friends and families to do so.

• A few things we need to do in the future is crowd control. To be more precise, controlling where and how close the crowd is to the RTI ramp and the obstacles. -
    - When I was ramping there were kids sitting on the curb next to the ramp (about 8 feet away). We had them moved because I could see something bad happening if someone tipped too far and flopped.

- The crowd and parked Jeeps were too close to the car crush. When the first JK hit the cars she had some speed to try to bounce up and over. The first attempt had her bouncing TOWARDS the crowd as she crested the top of the cars. Plus my Jeep was parked there and I didn't want her hitting it.

There probably should be a minimum distance of 4 to 6 car widths (?). That would give people time to clear out and the driver time to gain control if something should happen.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• A few things we need to do in the future is crowd control. To be more precise, controlling where and how close the crowd is to the RTI ramp and the obstacles. -
    - When I was ramping there were kids sitting on the curb next to the ramp (about 8 feet away). We had them moved because I could see something bad happening if someone tipped too far and flopped.

- The crowd and parked Jeeps were too close to the car crush. When the first JK hit the cars she had some speed to try to bounce up and over. The first attempt had her bouncing TOWARDS the crowd as she crested the top of the cars. Plus my Jeep was parked there and I didn't want her hitting it.

There probably should be a minimum distance of 4 to 6 car widths (?). That would give people time to clear out and the driver time to gain control if something should happen.

Who carried the insurance/liability for all this?

• Who carried the insurance/liability for all this?

The dealer had all participants sign waivers, but that would not protect them if a bystander got hurt.. Would think roping off areas would do the trick. Also , no Jeep should have been permitted to carry any passengers. (many did)

Another note, Traffic on 13 was very distracted, and I am surprised there was not a gawker collision. Some cars virtually stopped.

Also the event was pretty much shielded from the general public by all the Jeeps along the outer edge of the lot. Might have helped the dealer more on public visibility.

Last 2 words MOON BOUNCE... Lots of bored kiddies.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Glad to see Tony posting on here, all the guys at the dealership did an amazing job helping/putting up with us.

Thank you...

And I'm not a new poster, just not frequent, but I will be now.

Yeah I saw this... I was running for cover when she came down, She was aimed straight at the crowd... I have a feeling there will be a lot more room next year, but we need to set everything up and work out all the details first

Also the guy winching down the stuck Jeep, wasn't there a few safety things we should have done first? We need to set up some procedures next year, this whole event was rushed, but it went off without a hitch. We had a good turnout, and hopefully helped out the Ronald McDonald house with a good bit of donations.

• It was a great time...with a great turnout. some bugs to fix...but who imagined it would turn out to be such a big event. now we know...and thanks to everyone who helped pull this off.

• I was the one doing the winching, when a synthetic line snaps it's just falls flat. I didn't notice any other safety concerns? But I do understand that having guys winching each other off the top of crushed cars isn't ideal and calls for concern. :doh:

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• Did anyone take a picture of me on the RTI ramp?

Give me a minute to post the RTI pictures. I might have you.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!