Woohoo!!! DEJA's Adopt-a-beach will be moving to Cape.

• I've been bugging her the last few years about getting the next available opening at Cape and she remembered us. :)
    Received this today:

[quote author=DNREC]Mr. Knox,

A section of beach has opened up for adoption in Cape Henlopen State Park. Would Delaware Jeep Assocation like to move their Adopt-A-Beach section to Cape?

Jennifer L. Luoma
    DNREC, Division of Watershed Stewardship
    89 Kings Highway
    Dover, DE 19901
    (302) 739-9921[/quote]

We have had a tough time scheduling effective clean-ups down at Faithful Steward due to the distance. I'm hoping this new location will be easier to schedule since we have a lot of members that spend a good bit of time at Cape in the summer.

She is getting the location for me so I am going to recommend we use it as our Surf Tournament location and attempt to get some volunteers for a clean-up before the official fishing air horn sounds at 10:00. :)

• This is outstanding news! Thanks Billy...we'll be there for a cleanup that morning.

The clean-up will be somewhere at Navy crossing which is always my go to beach anyway. She's going to nail down exactly which half next week. The only draw back is not being set-up at Herring for fireworks on July 4th but that only happens when July 4th falls on a Saturday.

• nice going to renew my surf tag today...maybe this will be the excuse i was looking for to get more use...

dave :"morning honey....i gotta go clean up our part of the beach"

Wife: why ya taking rods and beer??...see ya at dinner??

• [quote author=Jennifer from DNREC]Billy,

I have not heard from that other group, so I am reassigning the Delaware Jeep Association to Section 10 Subsection 6 in Cape Henlopen State Park. This is a drive-on beach. I have attached a map for your reference and will be moving your sign as soon as I get a chance.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thank you!

Jennifer[/quote]

https://drive.google.com/file/…6aGRDUXc/edit?usp=sharing

Basically we have the section to the left of the Navy entrance. (Quadna, Icky, Surfrider, Stafford.....it's where the worn out sign was yesterday.)

• Basically we have the section to the left of the Navy entrance. (Quadna, Icky, Surfrider, Stafford.....it's where the worn out sign was yesterday.)

I KNEW we should have tagged it! Thanks for the update, Billy. Even if we don't have organized cleanups more often, it should be fairly clean. With the mindset of our members, we tend to keep the area fairly patrolled throughout the day while fishing. Well, except when Geoff buys fried chicken.

• https://drive.google.com/file/…6aGRDUXc/edit?usp=sharing

Basically we have the section to the left of the Navy entrance. (Quadna, Icky, Surfrider, Stafford.....it's where the worn out sign was yesterday.)
    [/quote]

Nice!
    Can't wait to see the sign out there.
    Like Chris said. I'm sure it will be well taken care of.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!