04 TJ 4 cylinder starting problems

• So one afternoon my Jeep doesnt start.. battery is fine, power to all the gizmoes.. but no start.. changed the starter/starter solenoid but still no go.. checked power at red and yellow pins, fuses, relays, clutch kill switch.. found ignition switch bad.. bought new switch and went to swap it and found the ignition actuator pin broken.. the potted metal pin that goes from the ignition cylinder to the ignition switch and turns the switch guts.. busted.. so I can start my Jeep now with a screwdriver.. called Advance, Dealer, and a few local junk yards.. one in Cambridge tells me that the 02 Liberty ignition is the same and wants to sell me one for 75 bucks with 25 bucks shipping.. wth.. can anyone verify that the 02 Liberty ignition is the same as an 04 TJ? If so, anyone know of someplace else I can call to try and get one, KJ or TJ? Local to Dover but can be anywhere really.. either shipped or I can drive..

Thanks for any assistance!

Larry

• Does this include the part u need? If u search there are coupon codes and free shipping from these guys. The description does include the kj and tj for this part.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Perfor…t=3260&t_pn=CRO5003843AAK

• Can u post a picture of the exact part your looking for? Do you need the whole lock cylinder or the switch on the column? I have a column from an XJ which is missing the switch but I have the lock cylinder and everything. I'm pretty sure shadyluke has a complete column from his xj part out also which should be the same.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Edited once, last by 2000sahara ().

• I'll post a pic of it later.. I have a new ignition switch, and the cylinder is fine.. its the piece that actuates the ignition switch from the cylinder..little piece of potted metal with a plastic pin..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!