• Trying to make my mind up on how many inches and tire size for lift....

I was thinking about a 4 inch with 2 inch or 3 inch spacer. What kind of drive line issues will I have over 4/5 inches any and all help is welcomed

• You can get away with just a t-case drop with IRO's 4.5" kit so I guess anything over that you'd run into some issues and definitely need a SYE kit. I would include the SYE and new driveshaft(s) into your budget if you wanted to add spacers on top...stay away from hack n tap lol

• You want a 6+" lift? For sure you'll need a SYE kit and new rear shaft, likely a new (longer) front shaft as well. Plus adjustable control arms to help with pinion angle and wheelbase, control arm drop backets to help with the horribly harsh ride, adjustable trackbars to recenter the axles, new steering linkage with a longer draglink. Maybe longer brakelines and hocks than standard with the lift...

What size tires do you want? You might be able to fit them by trimming the fenders instead of the extra coil spacers.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• 4.5 will fit 33". No drive line modifications needed at that height with a ujoint front shaft.

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• No, I run my cross member stock height on my long arms.

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• The t-case drop kits are more needed for the XJ's. The driveline is longer on a ZJ so the critical angle on the rear shaft is no where near its max. I ran 7" long arms and never even needed anymore than stock drive shafts front and rear.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!