Replacing ball joints - recommendations?

• Tried to get an alignment and was told I needed new ball joints first, anyone have recommendations on brands? I'm seeing Alloy USA on amazon for 150-set of 4, go for 194 on quadratec, anyone have experience with these? This is for an 03 tj

• Thanks, synergy came up in a few times when I was searching around, I'll check them out

• I'm not seeing anything noted in the write-ups I'm looking at, but do I need to drain the front differential and undo anything to allow the shafts to release or can I leave that alone and filled and just pull them out? I just pulled the cover and did the fluid a few weeks ago so no reason to open it back up unless I need to

• I'm not seeing anything noted in the write-ups I'm looking at, but do I need to drain the front differential and undo anything to allow the shafts to release or can I leave that alone and filled and just pull them out? I just pulled the cover and did the fluid a few weeks ago so no reason to open it back up unless I need to

You need to pull the shafts but the dif can stay closed for that. Just be gentle putting the shafts back or you'll be dealing with an inner axle seal afterwards.

• Just jack the side u are working on up so the fluid stays in the diff. There are no clips interally holding the shafts so u dont have to open it up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!