Adams vs Rhino linings/Trucks Unlimited etc....

• Now that the TJ is gone, I'm going to be in the market for a 2014/5 4dr JK in the next few months. I've been looking at Adams and like the idea of purchasing and driving off the lot in a new Jeep with 35's, all the work previously done. Looking at prices, I've also been kicking around purchasing a Jeep locally that deals with AAA price guarantee, then either going to a local shop, having them do the work, or purchasing all the parts myself and paying someone to do it. I know each option has it's pros and cons, but there are enough of you guys on here that have done each option, so I think I can get a varied opinion from the bunch.

Also, If I do purchase it myself, looking at full PRO COMP setup. 3" lift, all terrains, and rims. Anyone familiar with these?

• I got mine from Adams. There are 2 drawbacks. 1st - they don't do DE tax and tags. So I had to do that out of pocket. 2nd - the hour drive if there are any warranty issues that Carman won't do. I can tell you they came down a good bit. I priced the BDS lift, tires and wheels. I paid about the same amount over sticker so I basically got free labor for the parts to be installed. I've only had to go back once when my jeep got the death wobble. BDS lifts have a lifetime warranty.

• If u go to the rino guy plan on bending over and taking it raw. That guy charges full retail and full book on the install and he's not really a fabricator or mechanic. You do know u can put 35's under a jk with a $200 budgit boost that takes a few hours to install. Ther are also cheap lifts with springs and shocks for under 400.

• i bought my JK from adams, but did the lift myself. THey are great guys, but i wasnt in a financial situation to afford a 40-45K jeep, although they are great.

I ended up doing a 250 budget boost and 33's at a price tag of 2k and did the work myself. 38k miles later, im looking to step up to a full coil lift and 35's with proper wheels to get rid of my spacers. even with the 2 step process (which i enjoy modding) ill still be cheaper than buying one off the lot, but i enjoy doing the work.

if you are going to rely on someone to do the work for you, i would say support Carman (because they support DEJA/JFJ ) or Adams since they are the "go to"place and are also very active in the community as well.

for what it's worth...I have hot had any problems regarding warranty issues modding the jeep. (had the head replaced, a couple worn factory control arm bushings.and an ABS sensor ....all while having rock rash/skid plates and a muffler that is crushed like a soda can) I typically go to Country Jeep in Oxford for service.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!