What is worth?

• Thinking of selling my 2004 rubicon. No idea what a good price to ask is. Runs perfect,80 K miles, tires are 3/4 or better 33x12.5-15 duratracs. New best - top top. New JKS front track bar and discos. 4" lift,1" mml, 1" train drop. Has Volant cold air intake and snorkel to go with it (off at this time). Alpine speakers all the way around. No problems at all. More to list.
    Just looking for a ball park selling price-thanks.

• Mods dont increase value much if at all. Properly done, can help in the saleability. Off roaded can also hurt resale. So don't expect to get your money back. Alot depends on how long you want to hold put for. Spring is prime time to sell a Jeep

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• No one? I know you would need to see it but ball park? I get NADA but does lift and so on add to price? Thinking of a JK for more room.

Mine had deeper gears, ARBs, long arms, skids, winch, and a ton of other things...and I got a few hundred over NADA. Like mentioned above, you won't get much for your mods.

• When people see modifications they think, "It's been off roaded" then they think there is probably problems. They also question if the modifications have been done right. All these questions bring the potential price down.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• When people see modifications they think, "It's been off roaded" then they think there is probably problems. They also question if the modifications have been done right. All these questions bring the potential price down.

Depends somewhat on the potential buyer too.

If they are looking for an off-road rig and they know what to look for they will realize that a lot of what they would have to spend money on has already been done.

Now granted, if JeepKid did the mods it may have a negative impact on the value. :o

• I think one of the best strategies if you know you will sell it, is to keep all your stock stuff. So when its time to sell, return it to stock. Trade your geared/locked axles for stock units + cash. Then sell a pretty stock Jeep. Good market for rockers and bumpers and skids.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!