Jeeps For Joy's 2014 Christmas Event

• Consider this your official Save The Date for this year's event!

We will be hosting our annual Wish List drive benefiting Ronald McDonald House of Delaware on Saturday December 6th from 12-3pm. Once again our gracious hosts will be Ruby Tuesday in Pike Creek Shopping Center.

There will be raffle prizes, food, music, and more!

Please follow the link to the Facebook event and let us know if you're planning on coming.

And whether you're able to make it or not we would also greatly appreciate any assistance in spreading the word about the event (i.e. share the FB event on your own page)!

There will be many more details to come as we get closer to the actual date.

• I'm there... I would like to be involved.. please add me to the Santa's helpers

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I'll be DJ'ing the event. I will have my generator, so anyone that needs electricity, please feel free to pillage.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Yup, Keith and I talked last night. It will be a good time, this years musical theme will be SHOW TUNES!!! :up:

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Ok. To address a few of the points made since the initial post.
    1. We will be having a volunteer meeting or two scheduled prior to the event to go over details of what we will need help wise and to coordinate people bringing things (heaters, Glen's Jeep, etc). These meetings will most likely be held at RMH in one of the conference rooms and we will make every effort to have voice and video conferencing available to those who can't make it.
    2. Yes we will be having a DJ this year. We are super excited about that if only so that we no longer have to shout out raffle numbers. :up: And if DJ says show tunes, then show tunes it is!
    3. As far as soliciting donations, the donation letter will be posted by the end of the week hopefully. As always, any leads on donations is appreciated. HOWEVER, this year we will be doing things a little differently. We would like all donations to come through Mike or myself. We would greatly appreciate people passing out the letter as much as possible. Give out my info to anyone and everyone (or preferably give us their info) interested in donating and I will follow up with everyone. Last year turned into a bit of a disaster with donations being solicited by a bunch of people and it became unwieldy to track and organize it. So again, this year we would love for you to talk it up as much as possible to local businesses etc as you've been doing in the past. Then just give us people's contact info or vice versa so that we can finalize the donation and provide the company with the appropriate receipt documentation.
    4. Lastly, we are currently looking at getting something set up for your kids. We want to go moon bounce but are thinking the weather may be an issue (we are still looking into this). Other thoughts have been for face painting, pony rides, anything really to occupy and entertain the kids. If you have a lead on any of this type of services please feel free to get that to me. It would be greatly appreciated.

As always, we are super grateful to everyone for their support and we are looking forward to another successful year.

Also, there will be a lot of new things coming for Jeeps For Joy in the new year, so stay tuned!

• Keith, can you also provide a nice thank you letter for last years donations so that we can can present to some of the vendors that gave before we ask for a new one? Also perhaps a sticker for them too? Would like to keep them giving each year.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Didn't want to lose Jodie's post in the melee of Power Wheels!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!