• I need to buy one soon. What have you had and would recommend. I know someone on here with deep pockets is going to say Odyssey but, I don't have Odyssey money and even if I did I can not see paying that price. Read a lot of reviews on several different brands and it really seems like a crap shoot, pick and pray, as they all have good and bad reviews including the Optima. What is your experience?

• See if your battery tray can be upgraded to hold the biggest battery you can fit. Don't worry about one the book calls for. Price will be the same for most bats in a product line,at as well get theost for your money. I have a diehard silver 950 CCA
    Never faild e yet

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I'm a big fan of the Die Hard Platinums

X2 But they can be expensive also.

See if your battery tray can be upgraded to hold the biggest battery you can fit. Don't worry about one the book calls for. Price will be the same for most bats in a product line,at as well get theost for your money. I have a diehard silver 950 CCA
    Never faild e yet

If lower price is a factor he is correct go as big as you can.

• Deka...Been buy them for 25+ years.

The few times I had to a battery from one of the chain auto part stores, they only lasted a year or so.

Keep in mind, a lot of batteries are made by Johnson controhttp://bestbatterytips.com/tags/who-makes-die-hard-batteries/l. So your just buying the same battery with a different name on it.

• x2 on Deka. I have a deka intimidator gell cell battery in my jeep and it has been smashed into trees, dented and rolled with no issues. They are similar to optimas but not as fancy looking. I get mine from Tri state battery on Old baltimore pike.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I've been using Deka batteries for years. The ones in my bike, the tractor and the Jeep have sat for long periods and always fired right up. I've got them in our 2 daily drivers as well. I get them at Pasco in Cheswold.

• I have heard that diehard platinums are made by odyssey and that odyssey will not be making them for Sears soon. Saw that on Expedition Portal. In the last month I picked up 2 60 month warranty Exides for $50 brand new. Unfortunately the store is in Connelsville Pa(sw pa). You can usually find an online code to save decent money on a battery at Advance Auto.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!