surf fishing 101

• Yeah I need to use my surf permit for more than Lums Pond this year! :doh: Since I got 2 year tags I'll have to move a little further along than just making my rack and pole holders. I do need to pick up another reel for the white pole as well as some good salt water tackle.

nice YJ :up:

• Stripers will start moving around late April thru early June, panfish fishing is good from June thru September early October. Sharks, rays and skates all summer starting mostly in May.

• Stripers will start moving around late April thru early June, panfish fishing is good from June thru September early October. Sharks, rays and skates all summer starting mostly in May.

You can catch a buzzfish year round.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Lol.

How tall are those things?

Do you need a step ladder to get the pole in tube when they are in the sand?

I forget... I'll have to measure them at some point. Pretty easy to make though. I used a heat gun and an empty beer bottle from the neighbor to flare out the end of the holder. Cut a slot for the reel to seat in and cut an angle on the bottom. If I had a miter box it would look a lot prettier.

Looks like a bull ready to charge. :razz:

I've got some Spanish guitar cds.... you dress up like the matador! :laughing:

nice YJ :up:

Thanks!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• It is probably going to be a slow start this spring as the extra cold temps have been keeping the water temps way down. As soon as there are some signs of bait fish moving around we should try to set a date for this 101. I am thinking May 16 th would be a good date, usually the stripers and blowfish and yes the occasional skate should be around. I'll start a new sign up thread this week . :fishing:

• You can catch a buzzfish year round.

These are the only kind I seem to be any good at catching! Still, would rather be on the beach and a bad day fishing always beats a good day at work. Hoping to get out fishing a whole lot more this year. Last year I got a record=breaking 4 trips in! Planning to double that this year. Thanks for this thread and the opportunity to learn!

• Just a thought, maybe we can do a surf fishing 101 the afternoon of the beach clean up whenever a date is decided on.

• i'd like to set a date soon, but looking at how the beach clean up is going the dates are all over. It would be great to do it the afternoon of the clean up if the clean up happens

• Bob your really missing yhe blues blitz down here... havent seen this in my life time ill tell you that... 15-20 pders all day.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• I worked the lower part of the state all week, stopped at a bunch drive on beaches from indian river area and north , walked out and talked to quite a few guys and all they were catching were an occasional doggy and a blowfish here and there. Smiths bait shop over on 9said its the slowest start they have seen in a while. Not asking for your spot but are they hitting north or south ?

• Yea I was back down to Fenwick today, a couple customers said fish were caught all up and down the coast. The best news is some rock were mixed in with the blues :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!