Turning the corner on the odometer

• Fate was smiling on me last night when I just happened to glance down at the right moment and saw this....

This is my first time ever owning a vehicle that crossed this threshold. It was a cool feeling. Thanks to all you great DEJA folks who've helped me get to this point. Now, for the next hundred thousand!

A moment later....

With apologies to Stanley Kubrick.... I was thinking "200,001: A Jeep Odyssey"

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Edited once, last by Chief57 ().

• Wow, congrats, Jim!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Long may you run! Awesome milestone Chief! Hoping mine makes it that far, still have a long time to go. Dammit, now I miss my M3 that got hit at 184K and kept from getting to the 200 mark, but that loss brought me into the Jeep world. Anyway, excellent achievement!

• Thanks all. For the sake of "full disclosure" for those of you who don't already know, I guess I should point out two things. First, I am not the original owner; I bought the TJ with about 100K on the odometer and no modifications (not counting the Kicker amp I jettisoned long ago). Second, I have two vehicles, and I consider the Honda Civic to be my daily driver.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Let's see, I am 71YO and my TJ has 75K on it. I put about 6K on it a year at the beach so when it turns 200K I will be 91. Looking forward to getting a 91. :mrgreen:

• I bought my YJ with 220k on it. I've had 4 cherokees at 180k plus and convinced my mom to by a TJ with 196k on it. I'm doing frame repairs on it right now. I consider high mileage a game of let's see how long I can keep it going. Hell our truck has 277k on it, but it's a diesel.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!