Trail Report - April 2015 101 Course

• First things first, as KnoxRents pointed out in another thread, DEJA won the club comp on Saturday! Sweet!

Need to make the trail report a little thin due to time crunch on my part, hopefully the other trail bosses can fill in a little of the color. The 101 group started out by the comp course and we spent about 45 minutes covering an agenda written by all of the trail bosses (thanks for your help guys! We'll def continue to use it). We had 15 Jeeps in the group (24 in total including the other groups) which is a little big but we managed. Most of the morning was spent on green trails and taking it slow with spotting through anything remotely tricky. We were on the hills by the pole line where Shorebird was attempting to demonstrate what happens when you take the wrong line and get your tires up high on the side of a hill during a decent. Let's just say that he effectively demonstrated what not to do, no one was killed, he didn't roll and I don't think anyone will need counseling for PTSD but it was close. :bang: Did 14 (green) from there and spent the rest of the day on blue trails. Other than a few reverses and getting back on the right line all of the newcomers did very, very well so my hat is off to you. Need to make sure everyone is keeping an eye on the Jeep behind you. Had a couple incidents where the group got momentarily separated.

Many thanks to all of the first time trailriders! I hope you had a good time and you'll come out again. The member appreciation ride May 16th is free to all paid members (we cover your RC fees!) and usually there's some good campfires and libations going on that weekend. Sign up here: https://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=41038.0

My Tracks breadcrumbs:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d…M0hhTUk/edit?usp=drivesdk

Name: Rc 101 2015
    Activity type: driving
    Description: -
    Total distance: 10.97 km (6.8 mi)
    Total time: 4:48:27
    Moving time: 4:24:38
    Average speed: 2.28 km/h (1.4 mi/h)
    Average moving speed: 2.49 km/h (1.5 mi/h)
    Max speed: 70.20 km/h (43.6 mi/h)
    Average pace: 26:17 min/km (42:19 min/mi)
    Average moving pace: 24:07 min/km (38:49 min/mi)
    Fastest pace: 0:51 min/km (1:23 min/mi)
    Max elevation: 461 m (1512 ft)
    Min elevation: 262 m (858 ft)
    Elevation gain: 334 m (1097 ft)
    Max grade: 21 %
    Min grade: -31 %
    Recorded: 4/19/2015 10:30 AM

[img height=675 width=1200]http://i.imgur.com/fVkzWrt.png[/img]

[img height=675 width=1200]http://i.imgur.com/wYnS2ub.png[/img]

[img height=675 width=1200]http://i.imgur.com/geHyaPR.png[/img]

I didn't run the Gopro on the hood very long but I do have some video following Jerry and Andy.

[img height=900 width=1200]http://i.imgur.com/RQo9XHu.jpg[/img]

[img height=900 width=1200]http://i.imgur.com/QmjJ4sm.jpg[/img]

[img height=900 width=1200]http://i.imgur.com/2F6hL3R.jpg[/img]

• The 101 group was awesome! I ended up being at the front most of the day. We started off on 1a and doing all of the optional blue sections, then a brand-new-not-really-open green trail that runs from 1a up to the radio tower. Sandtostand towed tcatalano back to the parking lot due to a blown fan clutch, as I understand, Bob took him in to town and helped make the repairs. Then stopped at the hills on the Power Line trail for some intro to spotting and off-camber, then down the Power Line to a shortcut to H/11. Lunch and a basic winch demo at Big Rocks, then ran trail 14 (harder green) with very little spotting. That was a great trail to get everybody more confident with their Jeeps, then we ran part of 19a (short, but blue) before going up to the intersection of 11 and 15 where we met up with Sandtostand and tcatalano having completed the repairs. After 15, we ran the 12 series of trails (blue) with just a little spotting needed at the hard section near the junction with 11. We head back from here, and I attempt to drive cautiously slow through the mud hole on the Pole Line and get high-centered... Sandtostand pulled me out and a few people hit the mud hole with more speed and were successful. After that, we climbed the blue hill section of the Pole Line (perfect run for everybody) and then went back to the comp course and the long wait for the air compressor.

A fun day, I hope that everybody enjoyed it... looking forward to the next one.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• First off a huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped me out yesterday. It truly is awesome that no man is left behind. Thanks to Andy and Stafford for making sure I got towed out and then to Bob and Laura for helping me fix my jeep and then bringing me back out to meet up with everyone. I know I missed the first half of the day but the 101 course I think was extremely beneficial and I know I personally learned so much about not only what my jeep can do but how to drive...and now how to fix a clutch fan :bang: I took some good pictures and will try to get them up tonight. Don't worry Jerry, we have video of you getting stuck too :mrgreen:

• I can't say enough about how great this course was. It was great that I finally got to drive :driving: on the trails. I learned a lot and how much I want to ask my (currently) stock Jeep to do.
    Whatevah, I hope you enjoyed the video I posted on your FB from your recovery. Really wish I had the GoPro at that point to watch you go in. LOL
    Now time to save and get the life on my Jeep.

• Video of recovering Jerry's jeep.
    [youtube]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

• great video, thanks, Andy! :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

[youtube]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

Don't see any video

[youtube]

[/youtube]

this should work.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I spoke with a few people afterwards in person but for everyone that I didn't i just wanna thank them! As a first timer I had a blast and learned a lot. Cant wait to get back out there!

"When your life is about to pass before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching." - Unknown

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!