Need help...!

• Does anyone have a ring gear for np231 w/o the needle bearings laying around or can press out the bearings in mine? Preferral today if possible? I'm in a bind here and can't get my sye finished w/o it.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Why don't you use your brain for something other than being a smartass all the time. It was a typo, so if you have nothing of value to add, go try and annoy

Hey was trying to help you.

I won't bother again.

You asked for help with a "ring gear" for a "NP238".

There is no NP238 and transfer cases don't have ring gears.

Please don't take your constant frustration with trying to keep your POS running out on me.

• Trying to help... don't kid yourself. You can't "stop helping" if you never began.

If you know all that then you knew what it was that needed to be done, yet you decided to make a smartass remark as usual. Any problems I have with my Jeep had nothing to do with my response. The problem is directly related to you and your response. If you took a second to think about the question that comes from somebody who may not be as knowledgeable in technical terminology as your lordship, then maybe you could've better spent your time on a helpful response. Seems like the high road just isn't your cup of tea, I suppose.

I'd rather have a POS vehicle than a POS personality. I'll work on mine and you work on yours.

• Did you try giving astape a call? I don't remember needing a press to install a SYE?? :shrug:

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Trying to help... don't kid yourself. You can't "stop helping" if you never began.

If you know all that then you knew what it was that needed to be done, yet you decided to make a smartass remark as usual. Any problems I have with my Jeep had nothing to do with my response. The problem is directly related to you and your response. If you took a second to think about the question that comes from somebody who may not be as knowledgeable in technical terminology as your lordship, then maybe you could've better spent your time on a helpful response. Seems like the high road just isn't your cup of tea, I suppose.

I'd rather have a POS vehicle than a POS personality. I'll work on mine and you work on yours.

:moredrama: :wavey:

• Did you try giving astape a call? I don't remember needing a press to install a SYE?? :shrug:

Yeah, Neill, he told me I could just beat them out with a BFH and punch. Worked like a charm but I was afraid I would jack up the inside profile of the gear. Aaron told me they weren't that tight and as usual he was correct. My tcase is an older one so it had 2 bearings inside the ring gear on the shaft. Since the new shaft has a larger diameter like the newer NP231s the bearing had to be removed.

I'm just waiting for the RTV to set up some before I put the case halves together and button it up.

• Glad you got it figured out! :up: Did you need to cut down the shaft i seem to remember that was needed on the older 231's for all gears to engage?

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Yeah, Neill, I had to cut about 1/2" off the top. It's awesome how ya can't figure if it's needed until the case is assembled. I did a pretty good taping job to keep any metal out of the case. The Advanced Adapters video on YouTube was amazingly detailed and accurate.

[emoji4] you da man Bob... now with a shorter name! Lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!