93 XJ 4.0 running rough

• Hey , my 4.0 (swapped in from a 93xj) started having intermittent low idle missing, and rough running. Revving will smooth it out, and its pretty much fine. Mostly occurs when starting it after stopping (ie warm engine) I cleaned the air filter. And it has a new poly tank fuel pump and filter from 2 years ago. One thought is that I forgot to put the brass filter on the pick up straw on the sending unit when I installed it. Wonder if fuel system issue ? Bad gas? Sound like any known common issues?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Any chance it's getting heat soak? That matches up with the warm start scenario. My XJ had that until I cut the hood for vents. I'd normally look at the throttle body for rough running at idle (clogged or bad idle air controller) but that wouldn't be my first guess for you... that's usually when it tries to stall when you come to a stop. The IAC valve would be closed because the throttle was open, but can't open fast enough to keep the idle smooth after the throttle closed.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• It still does it... but much less often, I ran a bottle of injector cleaner... Seemed to have helped. Been too lazy to check the codes, but I will check tomarrow.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!