Jeep gets a Hellcat

• No need for a Corvette Z06, either... Or a Bugatti Veyron... The SRTs aren't for the average person, they're race cars. Many people with the SRT vehicles take them to the dragstrips and race tracks. This is the next evolution, intended to compete with the latest models from Porsche, Range Rover, etc. Plus, there's the typical one-upmanship that the SRTs have been about for the last few years. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Overkill IMO. Where will that help off road. My X3 is pretty quick for a SUV no need for anymore.

I feel the same way. But looking back when the first GTO was made in the 60's I'm sure some felt the same way; powerful motor in a sedan was useless. But the idea stuck.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• If you think about it the same could be said for many of our (mine) Jeeps with the way we have them modified. :driving:

But for me, :8) if I'm buying a performance car I wouldn't be looking at an SUV, or a pick-up truck. If I'm looking for a pick up truck, I'm getting it to use it as a truck, not something with a high HP motor and a big wing on the back (never understood where Dodge was going with that). :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• Ford gave their Raptor over 500 HP. That's the rare combo of super powered engine and serious off road capability.

I think Jeep is just trying to keep up with Porsche and BMW and Land Rover. SRT8 started as a 405hp, then the competition released something faster, so they had to respond.

I guess I can see these super SUV's appealing to a successful 40+ family guy. Gives you the room and 4WD of an SUV to drive the family around, with the ability the step on the pedal and unleash hell when you have the car out by yourself.

• I feel the same way. But looking back when the first GTO was made in the 60's I'm sure some felt the same way; powerful motor in a sedan was useless. But the idea stuck.

I owned a 66 GTO. Muscle car days were priceless. To each his own.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!