Windshield?

• Cracked my windshield :doh: and need a new one. Called Safelite and got a price of $303.00. Does that sound right? Easy fix to do myself? Opinions? Not going to go threw insurance.

• Dunno if they're in stock, but Quadratec carries them for $140. they carry the gaskets and such, too. http://www.quadratec.com//jeep…gler-tj/tj-windshield.php

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• The glass is also urethaned in. By the time you buy the glass,mouldind,urethane,windshield primer is it really worth the time and trouble of cutting the old one out and trying to make the new one right.

• I ordered one off of ebay for $110 last year. Add $10 for windshield gasket maker or whatever it was called at pep boys. It took about an hour total. Although my windshield frame also comes off easy so I was able to do it on milk crates. I'd just unbolt the hinges though and do it yourself. The only upside to having it done would be if you get a warranty. The old one will push right out once the gasket is removed. All you have to do is lay down the sealant, center the glass and put the gasket back in.

• I need a new one. Go Glass in Lewes quoted $240 unless I wanted a Mopar one which is $425 and hard to get. So is the Mopar original equipment. Go Glass did not see any difference unless you have to have original stuff. For over 200 I don't.

• On my way home from Fordham on Sunday and scored myself a good ol' Rt. 1 windshield as well. 2 cracks 8" in length per. Got to work this morning and opened up the forum and saw this post and called my top 3 choices. Go glass is right down the road from me but Delmarva said they'd come to me for the same price as in shop repairs. Delmarva AG it is! Thanks for referral!

• Last summer I replaced the original 34 year old glass on my 1981 Scrambler, funny thing was it was more or less ok, it was the frame that had rotted out! Got the glass, frame, gasket and cowl seal for like $275 with DEJA discount and free shipping. After painting, the glass installed nicely with the rope pull method. Safelite Glass installs the mirror buttons for free too. Just a good to know.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!