Control Arm Bushings... Need Help!

• I am replacing my control arms, and bushings. I was able to remove the front upper control arm bushings from both axle mounts. One was easy, one was a nightmare. I am trying to get two new ones (OEM style) back in so I can finish hooking up the two control arms. I have had NO luck. I can't get them to go in straight, and have now damaged two new ones (warped them from going in crooked). I have tried everything..... WD40, freezing them overnight in the freezer, a ball joint press, a homemade all-thread / washer / metal / pieces of pipe... with no luck. I am way passed frustrated and am looking for any help out there.

If I can get ONE in I will be happy and take it to a shop nearby and get them to do the other. But I can't drive it without any front uppers attached. If anybody has any ideas, suggestions, moral support, it would be appreciated..... before I start breaking stuff.

I'm in the North Wilmington area. It's a 98 TJ, manual, 4.0, 6 cyl.

• Besides a BFH, I dont know, perhaps you have the wrong year arms? Call the Manufacturer?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• The key is to have a tube or socket that fits on the metal flange on the exterior of the socket. There is not much to hit but its the only why to do it. U can push on the rubber part of the bushing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!