• Has anyone put LED double bayonet bulbs in their original brake light housing. I did not buy an LED brake light kit, just putting the lights into the original housing. I have a GCD-TJ0106 flasher relay but could NOT find anywhere online where to cut and make a modification so I ended up buying a LED flasher relay that is EP 26 4 prong and I still cannot put the LED lights into the brake housing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• I'm confused about what you're asking for. Do you want advice on whether that LED bulb will fit into the factory housing? Do you want advice on how to modify your Jeep's existing wiring to keep the OEM flasher from firing on full auto? Or do you want advice on where to purchase a premodded flasher to plug/play into the Jeep?

• I bought a set of these LED rear light assemblies from Pep Boys maybe 4 years back... no issues with them at all. :up: :up: Exactly the same as OEM and they even have the license plate light on the bottom of the drivers side assembly. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do with the stock housings other than convert them to LED but these will save you a lot of time, hassle and maybe even some $$. :shrug:

[img alt=0]http://static.pepboys.com/imag…s/48165100/NV-5105L_1.jpg[/img]

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I never cared for the LED tail lights personally. I went with a new reflector and lense, similar to this one but mine aren't black on the side.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321605313486?lpid=82&chn=ps

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I am just trying to put an LED bulb in the factory housing but it is not working. I am too cheap/lazy at this point to buy all new housing. Bulbs are only a few $ where new housing is $$$. I replaced my reverse lights with LED when I bought the jeep because they were burnt out. I was trying to do the same since one of my brake/stop light bulbs burnt out.

• Another selling point is that I didn't have to mess with flasher relays or anything to make them work. Plug and play baby! I'm sure the internal board has some sorta techy thing that let's them work with the OEM harness.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!