DEJA Surf Fishing Tournament

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

I'm there with the family and dogs
    Can't wait to do it
    Date and place is fine with me
    What time will we start in the am?
    Need to get there early to get good spots

I made the official start 10am, cuz the sleepy heads from up north carryed on so last year...

Just kidding guys.

But we can get there earlier if desired.

• 0-dark-hundred works for me :chicken:

Anybody got a tide chart?

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "dave71057"

I'm in too wherever. I am not much of a fisherman but I'll come hang out. If the point at Cape is not closed because of those damn birds...That would also be a nice spot w/ alot of room.

Don't forget your rod and bait

• ok just wanted to check with someone. Do i need the surffishing permit to drive on the beach or just the annual pass. I live in MD and it looks to me that it would cost me $100.00 for the surffishing permit.

• i am up for going, only thing is that i dont have 4wd on my jeep untill i get it regeared. think that will be a problem...if so is there anyone i can catch a ride with?

• Quote from "dmaster"

i dont have 4wd on my jeep untill i get it regeared. think that will be a problem...

Could be. :doh: The sand at most of the crossings is usually pretty deep.

• Quote from "dmaster"

..if so is there anyone i can catch a ride with?

I'm sure that if you park in one of the parking lots near the xing (and let us know where & when), someone can pick you up and take you on the beach. :roll:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• ok sounds good to me, so in order for me to fish all i need is to bring a pole, and bait? i have never been surf fishing b4. so i don't know what kinda bait to use either. the only pole i have i used for bass and trout fishing. not sure if the line is strong enough. i think it is 10 or 15lb test.

Is there a restriction on the kinda beverages allowed.

Cant we get a weather up date too?

• Quote from "onebuckwild"

ok just wanted to check with someone. Do i need the surffishing permit to drive on the beach or just the annual pass. I live in MD and it looks to me that it would cost me $100.00 for the surffishing permit.

You need the surf tag to drive on the beach, and yes non-resident's cost is $100.

You could park and walk in, or someone could come get you.

• Quote from "dmaster"

ok sounds good to me, so in order for me to fish all i need is to bring a pole, and bait? i have never been surf fishing b4. so i don't know what kinda bait to use either. the only pole i have i used for bass and trout fishing. not sure if the line is strong enough. i think it is 10 or 15lb test.

Like in life, the longer the pole the better.

10-15lb line is fine.

Is there a restriction on the kinda beverages allowed.

No glass containers. Like anywhere else, public drunkenness is not permitted. Use good judgement and you'll be fine.

Cant we get a weather up date too?

For July ? It'll be hot with chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

• Quote from "dmaster"

i am up for going, only thing is that i dont have 4wd on my jeep untill i get it regeared. think that will be a problem...if so is there anyone i can catch a ride with?

You can ride with me and Elizabeth down from Dover but she says you have to bring Buddy too :laughing:

• i will probly just drive my jeep down, that way i can leave when ever i want... i dont know i will know more by the end of the month here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!