DEJA Surf Fishing Tournament

• By virtue of Steve Dey awaiting delivery of a matched set of babies, I've volunteered to head up the surf-fishing tourney for this year.

Traditionally, it's been on the July 4th weekend. The 4th is on a Monday this year, so the Saturday will be the 2nd of July.

I'd like to get some feedback if that suits everyone, or if anyone would rather hold it on a different date.

We can also fish at a different beach than Herring Point if anyone would rather try something else. It would mean a slightly farther drive south to get to Delaware Seashore or Fenwick. We might actually catch some fish down there, and there is much more beach to drive than at Cape Henlopen.

Delaware Seashore

Fenwick

Remember, you must have a valid Surf Tag to drive on the beach and there are certain things you are required to have with you. You can find all the info HERE

Please post here if you plan to try to attend or have any suggestions or questions.

July will be here quick so we don't have too much time.

Thanks, and best wishes to Steve, his wife and the soon to be born twins.

• I'm in!!! July 2 is okay w/me as long as we go somewhere as far away from the tourons as possible. :rasp: Fenwick would probably be the least crowded. I'd be happy to help with the arrangements, just let me know. :updown:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "SarasGP"

I'm in!!! July 2 is okay w/me as long as we go somewhere as far away from the tourons as possible. :rasp: Fenwick would probably be the least crowded. I'd be happy to help with the arrangements, just let me know. :updown:

x2 :up:

• I'm in too wherever. I am not much of a fisherman but I'll come hang out. If the point at Cape is not closed because of those damn birds...That would also be a nice spot w/ alot of room.

• Would love to participate but will be in the Outter Banks July 2-9. Just a question...why not move it to a "less touristy" weekend? Just my thought.

1990 YJ, 4&quot; Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Quote from "ying"

Just a question...why not move it to a "less touristy" weekend? Just my thought.

Unless you do it before Memorial Day or after Labor Day they're all "touristy" weekends!! :rollsmile:

• This event is now listed on the calendar

Click HERE

Please sign up on the calendar so we can have an accurate count of who is coming. :wavey:

• Anybody else have a problem with the click here link? It told me I wasn't allowed to access the calendar. I got in by going to the calendar directly though.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "SarasGP"

Anybody else have a problem with the click here link? It told me I wasn't allowed to access the calendar. I got in by going to the calendar directly though.

Yeah I got the same thing.

Try THIS

• Thanks Keith, that one works :updown:

• I'm game for another fishing event. Hopefully there will be some competition this year. I also will be giving a class on how to catch junk fish if anyone is interested. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• Just a surf tag. In DE you only need a fishing liscense for non-tidal water (i.e. ponds, lakes). For any tidal waters no liscense is needed.

1990 YJ, 4&quot; Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• My vote for location would be just north of the Indian River Inlet (Faithful Steward Crossing). I fish there mostly and do fairly well there. If we start the same time as last year we should be able to beat the croud and stake our grounds.

• I'm there with the family and dogs
    Can't wait to do it
    Date and place is fine with me
    What time will we start in the am?
    Need to get there early to get good spots

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!