CB Installation

• Hi all, I use to follow this forum years ago and just getting back active again. I'm located outside of Milford, DE and have an 04 TJ Willys Edition. I am just starting to do some mods and will post some pics as I go along. I have thought about installing a CB but am not sure if its worth it or if anyone is using them anymore. I do not go wheeling, and not sure I will, but I do go out on the beach for surf fishing, and hope to meet up with some of you out there this summer.

Any thoughts on whether the addition of a CB would have any benefit are appreciated.

Some of my other mods that are in progress are a 2.5" Rough Country spring and shock lift; the addition of classic Mickey Thompson wheels with 31X10.5X15 BRF Goodrich AT, the addition of quick release mirrors for when the top and doors are off, and looking to change up the bumpers and fender flares in the future.

• Welcome back. :wavey:

The only time I ever use my CB is on trail rides. As for the road, they seem to be fading in popularity even among truckers. You'll never use one on the beach so I wouldn't bother with one.

• Most CBs have weather channels, and you can get real time NOAA weather reports. If you dont really plan to use it much , get the kind where the only thing you see is the Mic. Cobra-75WXST . Nice and clean install .

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75…sr=1-14&keywords=cb+radio

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Most CBs have weather channels, and you can get real time NOAA weather reports. If you dont really plan to use it much , get the kind where the only thing you see is the Mic. Cobra-75WXST . Nice and clean install .

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75…sr=1-14&keywords=cb+radio

Once you factor the radio, wiring, antenna, and tune it all up you're nearly $200 into it. Or you can use the free NOAA app on your smartphone :shrug:

• You can get a $20 set of FRS radios with weather channel that wouldn't require hard mounting. If the cell towers and internet are both down I would grab all the food and guns you can find then gtfo of wherever you are. :)

Hey. I freak out when DEJA goes down. Lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!