OPT7 LED H4 Headlight Bulbs - My Thoughts

• I got these for Christmas. http://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Hea…r-Arc-Beam/dp/B00VNBEJ1G/

I finally got around to installing them a few weeks ago.

[youtube]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

I am running Hella E-Code housings.

Installation is very simple. Remove the old bulb, insert the new assy. lock the clip, and plug it into the original connector. Hardest part was getting the clip back in to position. The difficulty will depend on your dexterity, size of your fingers, and the ambient air temp. :)

Here's a pic showing how much whiter these are:

It's weird to hear fans running when you turn the lights on. Won't hear them with the engine running.

Here's a quick video of driving at night:
    [youtube]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

All in all I'm happy with them.

Don't expect the cutoff you get with focused lamps, but these are much better behaved than the HID's I tried in these same housings. I did drive in the snow at dark and they were great. I couldn't see crap when I had the HIDs in.

• Nice write up and thanks for taking the time to do so. I'll have to show this to my brother as he's been contemplating an upgrade to his stock headlights.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Nice write-up Keith, thanks! This may be my next upgrade. After getting the aux bumper lights wired in and swapping my fogs out the headlights now look way too dull and yellow.

• Missed this thread...just installed mine last night. So far really happy. There was some conflicting info about whether they would fit in my housing but no problems. If you already have H4 housings or can get a pair inexpensively, for $99 this seems to be the best way to do LEDs vs the other $3-400 options out there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!