Hit by a Jeep

• This just happened Thursday afternoon just off Mainstreet Newark, . The pedestrian that was struck by the Jeep is a close friend of mine Jeff . The girl driving the Jeep ran a red light, and was t-boned by a Mini Cooper, causing the jeep to roll over and hit my friend who was on the sidewalk. Fortunately , it was in front of the fire house, and emergency personnel were there on the spot. The flew him to Christiana. I visited him in the TCU last night. He has a broken pelvis (multiple fractures) , lacerated spleen so far, . bruised, scrapped but on his way to recovery.

http://www.newarkpostonline.co…79-ac82-a0c9341aaaf0.html

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• The Jeep has NY plates, probably a college kid.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Considering that mini's don't weigh much it had to be going pretty fast to cause the jeep to roll. Wonder if it got under the frame rail and lifted it. Glad your friend is OK.

That's what Jeff said, he was shown the video. When he turned to look, the jeep was on only 1 tire. The girl is a 21 year old student. Ironically he is a Linguistics Professor at UD.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Wow! I saw a small snippet on Newark PD Facebook page yesterday but it was already a day old. Glad your friend is okay and hope he has a quick recovery.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Considering that mini's don't weigh much it had to be going pretty fast to cause the jeep to roll. Wonder if it got under the frame rail and lifted it. Glad your friend is OK.

The forward momentum of the Jeep probably caused the its rear tire to climb up the front end of the mini as it wedged under the Jeep frame.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The forward momentum of the Jeep probably caused the its rear tire to climb up the front end of the mini as it wedged under the Jeep frame.

We're gonna have to science the shit out of this in full scale to determine exactly what happened. Minus the pedestrian. Turtle has a Mini, we'll get a couple jeeps with good cages, I'll bring the beer.

• Injury Update, two fractured ankles, broken knee cap (requiring surgery) fractures in hip, lacerated spleen (repaired) and badly bruised.

Please be careful out there....

• We're gonna have to science the shit out of this in full scale to determine exactly what happened. Minus the pedestrian. Turtle has a Mini, we'll get a couple jeeps with good cages, I'll bring the beer.

im game....i got a field we can use to keep the body damage to a minimum

• Probably civil suit as well.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!