Rock rails on 4dr question

• I am ordering the ACE engineering rock rails for my JKU and saw that you can still run the rubi rails with these installed. Is there any benefit to this set up? I really enjoyed wheeling so I'm going to do it more. I just got a bit nervous the first couple times I hit rocks without any protection. If there is a practical level of protection having both I'll find a set on craigslist cheap, but if it would just be cosmetic I'll pass.

• My brother has the JKU Rubi guards and they mount using the same location as the side steps did. From what it looks like on the ACE website, that the guards your getting mount on the sheet metal itself. I don't know how they'd look together but it seems to me that each will protect a little differently. It couldn't hurt to try them together. If you don't like them after or they don't benefit you in regards to protection, you can always sell them afterwards.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• My brother has the JKU Rubi guards and they mount using the same location as the side steps did. From what it looks like on the ACE website, that the guards your getting mount on the sheet metal itself. I don't know how they'd look together but it seems to me that each will protect a little differently. It couldn't hurt to try them together. If you don't like them after or they don't benefit you in regards to protection, you can always sell them afterwards.

The ace rails mount to the frame below the rubi rails

• I'll get them on and see how it looks. 4dr rails seem to be fairly easy to find on ebay or craigslist so I'll play it by ear once their on. Of course they aren't in stock but at least he told me before ordering. Should have them before the next trip up to RC in April.

• The bottom picture, the actual tubular rails. They also function as a step which is part of the reason as well. If parents or shorter friends climb in jeep they always have a tough time. God-forbid I actually lift it any more lol. Since it's my DD it'll make life a little easier.

• The bottom picture, the actual tubular rails. They also function as a step which is part of the reason as well. If parents or shorter friends climb in jeep they always have a tough time. God-forbid I actually lift it any more lol. Since it's my DD it'll make life a little easier.

:roflmao: Dawn made me agree to side rails on the rockers when I ordered mine so that her and the kids can get in and out of the Jeep a little easier. Think it's time to go SOA on the YJ? :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• The ACE steps sit below the Rubi rails. Without them, there is a big gap between the body and the steps. Most of the rock rails have that issue, it looks goofy. My mom is a hair under 5', so the steps are for her. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!