Noise from driver front

• I was getting a squeaking noise from the driver side.

Replaced the wheel bearings on the front.

Still there

Now I had a caliper lock up on me about 2 months ago. I got it all replaced and it is all back to snuff. I was thinking the noise was the bearings but it's not. I was happy to replace them, but I want rid of the noise. When the old caliper locked up, could it have warped the caliper to make it squeak?

Jeep XJ (Lifted 2", Misc. goodies inside, 195k on body, 85k on inline 6) Jeep WJ (Stock, 236k on inline 6)

• It sounds rotational? Like only when the wheel rotates

Jeep XJ (Lifted 2", Misc. goodies inside, 195k on body, 85k on inline 6) Jeep WJ (Stock, 236k on inline 6)

• Maybe just a little... Now that I think about it. I'm going to pull it apart again next week and check out the rotors. I'm almost positive that's what it is.

I had it up in the air when I did the work (obviously) and when I free spun the wheels, it sounded like the rotors was grinding the pads, not like a gauging, but a slight grind. Maybe when there is pressure from the weight of the jeep it makes the noise more clearly.

• Axle shaft u-joints will often squeak (like a bird chirping) when going bad.

Driveshaft u-joints also.

I did not do the drive shaft u joints. If the rotors seem fine I'll do that next

• No because I did everything myself. The rotors were only a year old.

• No because I did everything myself. The rotors were only a year old.

Yeah, but when a caliper locks up it usually heats the rotor to the point of smoking.

If it wasn't warped it at least was probably worn to the point that it would waste putting new pads on.

• I haven't had it running that long, and the pads looked just fine yesterday. I'll throw on a new rotor I guess

• That's why my wheel fell off. Lol just kidding. I took that pick just to show I got it on.

• That's why my wheel fell off. Lol just kidding. I took that pick just to show I got it on.

• That's why my wheel fell off haha jus kidding. I took the pic just to show I had it on

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!