my 2015 adventures out west

• I finally got around to sorting through the photos from my last trip and wrote up a story for it. Rather than deal with linking photos around, here is the full thing: http://www.whatevah.com/2015-t…wyoming-and-south-dakota/ I'll be adding some youtube clips later, after I get them edited a little and uploaded. For now, there's just one of a locomotive.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks :) I didn't get as many photos as I expected due to the weather and fast pace. Also because a lot of awesome views don't translate well in photos. You really have to see the west in person.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Great write up, as usual. Except for the weather, it looks like it was a great trip!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• beautiful pictures and sounds like another awesome trip! Now that you've done it a few times and once with a trailer, any thoughts on with vs without? just curious because I'm planning something as well. thanks

• With a 2 door Jeep, the trailer was awesome! Let me carry a lot more gear that wasn't possible before and let me park the trailer (or have an instant basecamp) and leave non-essential weight there when running harder trails. Obviously, I could do the trips without it, but this time I had more creature comforts (like a heater and plenty of propane), firewood, more water and food. Plus that tent!

If I did it again, I'd likely go with a Tepui Kukenam tent on struts over the trailer vs the two room tent I have now. Mainly for ease of finding a camp site. With my current setup, I need to find a somewhat flat/smooth surface big enough for the side room (mainly an issue at established campgrounds where the trailer tires have to be on pavement). And you're at critter-level. With an elevated tent, you can set up almost anywhere, and you can use the optional annex to get dressed or whatever.

Jerry / Whatevah

• awesome, I am going to have to do a trip like this one day...

Yes, you do! :) I'm not going this year and it's tearing me up inside. Hoping for 2 trips next year.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Yes, you do! :) I'm not going this year and it's tearing me up inside. Hoping for 2 trips next year.

Have you ever considered just moving out there? I can understand that it is tough moving away from friends and family but if that part of the country is what calls to you then maybe moving out there would be a good decision? Then you can take annual trips out here instead! :shrug:

• Have you ever considered just moving out there? I can understand that it is tough moving away from friends and family but if that part of the country is what calls to you then maybe moving out there would be a good decision? Then you can take annual trips out here instead! :shrug:

Yeah, that's the goal. Trying to develop marketable job skills I can use out there. EMTs are barely over minimum wage out there. And I'm buying my house so that'll make things a little more complicated, but I'm moving out there eventually. I'm guessing 6-8 years, taking part-time college classes for a new degree. I'd miss the beach a little, but not the east coast humidity. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!