• So i drive by a reputable home/car audio place yesterday in Montgomeryville, PA. There sign out front said" stop by and we will fix what Jeep messed up" or something along those lines. Anybody have any clue what tjey might mean? I will call them tomorrow and ask them just wondering if anybody here knew?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

• I believe they are referring to the mythical character from "Popeye". Didn't that Jeep mess things up when he / it visited from the 4th dimension?

• So i drive by a reputable home/car audio place yesterday in Montgomeryville, PA. There sign out front said" stop by and we will fix what Jeep messed up" or something along those lines. Anybody have any clue what tjey might mean? I will call them tomorrow and ask them just wondering if anybody here knew?

I'm not sure what model they are referring to but the MyGig system that Chrysler puts in all their vehicles (as an option) doesn't seem to hold up well to open top Jeeps. I'm on my second or third one and the touch screen barely works on mine. The sun and sometimes rain doesn't play well with the screen.

My wife has a Durango with the exact same radio and has zero issues.

I'm doubting there is much aftermarket stuff that would take that abuse either though. :shrug:

• you know, quadna gave me a tip about that, he said he used an iPad screen protector cut down to size on his in dash touch screen. Would be interesting to know if it panned out, as that was a couple years ago. I thought it was a pretty good idea.

• The screen is still as good as new. But I think it is treated like Lisa's Durango as the hardtop has not been removed and the freedom panels have only been pulled for one sunny afternoon. Not exactly a good test.

On the other hand, I think the nav itself pretty much sucks. Lame resolution and it will takes us on the the most ridiculous routes. Usually we end up using Waze on the phone instead.

• The screen is still as good as new. But I think it is treated like Lisa's Durango as the hardtop has not been removed and the freedom panels have only been pulled for one sunny afternoon. Not exactly a good test.

On the other hand, I think the nav itself pretty much sucks. Lame resolution and it will takes us on the the most ridiculous routes. Usually we end up using Waze on the phone instead.

They have software updates for the navigation but they aren't nearly as good as waze and Google maps. The live traffic rerouting is priceless.

• I'm not sure what model they are referring to but the MyGig system that Chrysler puts in all their vehicles (as an option) doesn't seem to hold up well to open top Jeeps. I'm on my second or third one and the touch screen barely works on mine. The sun and sometimes rain doesn't play well with the screen.

My wife has a Durango with the exact same radio and has zero issues.

I'm doubting there is much aftermarket stuff that would take that abuse either though. :shrug:

I can attest from personal experience that the inside of your JK can only be described as a science experiment. 3 year old juice boxes, enough sand from Henlopen to replenish the beach after a storm, one or two of your kids are probably stuck to the floor, fish guts...you name it. FEMA would declare it a disaster and you can probably get federal aid.

• I can attest from personal experience that the inside of your JK can only be described as a science experiment. 3 year old juice boxes, enough sand from Henlopen to replenish the beach after a storm, one or two of your kids are probably stuck to the floor, fish guts...you name it. FEMA would declare it a disaster and you can probably get federal aid.

True story. :pirate:

• They have software updates for the navigation but they aren't nearly as good as waze and Google maps. The live traffic rerouting is priceless.

Where? Some of the info online is pretty sketchy, but I assume it's a data DVD? I want Apple Carplay on our next vehicle so we can turn the screen into our phone's screen. There is always MyGig but to be perfectly honest I'm to lazy to run all the wiring from front to back just for a rear camera (that would be my main driver for it)

I wish you could adapt a TJ stereo - my first TJ (the 2000) experienced countless soaks and the stereo never skipped a beat (sorry, bad pun).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!