Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'm not a fan. :doh:

I wouldn't pass judgement until a finalized version is presented....the bed looks to be a hacked down ram 1500 bed based on the dimensions and what you can make out of the taillights/tailgate. Hell, the rear wheels aren't even centered in the wheelwells. If I had to guess they don't have a finalized bed and just were hacking 'something' on there to test.

--Ian

• I hope they do a stepside bed like the old Willys puck ups

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I have constantly been looking for info on it. I've had my 2dr Rubi for a few months now and I really miss my storage space from my 4dr. Just stinks that the pickup will be that far out because I'd be really interested.

I do agree the pickup bed (from what you can see) doesn't seem to flow well with the rest so I'm thinking it's also a hack job just to test out the chassis and stuff.

• Thinking about this yesterday. If they do offer a pickup they probably wouldn't make it look like the Brute package or the Gladiator (NuKaiser or whatever it was?) package because since those ideas have been out for so long there wouldn't be any originality. They'd want to offer the new model along with something like a new engine (diesel) or other drive train offering.

That being said, the pictures, although covered with fabric, sort of suggested a short Dakota box with a Jeep Patriot front end. Which would be a disappointment. I'd like to see a retro offering, like the NuKaiser or something. That would give more bang for the buck for the new company to win over more fans.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• :wavecrowd: :wavecrowd: :wavecrowd:

If only they would actually release this one. I doubt it'll end up in production. I love the old school front end. But the next time I get a new jeep it's gonna have to be 4dr. I like my 2dr rubi but I already miss my 4dr. Shoulda never traded it in. Now it's a decision, do I go back to a 4dr within the next year and lose my ass in value or tough it out for a few years. I got it for Rausch but life had different plans and I dunno how often I'm gonna be able to get up there for the foreseeable future.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!