WTB- Rear extended TJ flares

• This morning's trip to the inspection lanes in the CJ10 has left me looking for a set of 6-7" TJ rear flares...I'll take a whole set if necessary. Planning on ordering a set but I figure I'd check if anyone has some laying around they don't need before calling Quad.

--Ian

• Nope, H1's all around...they're just being extraordinarily douchey anymore. Rears are completely covered, front's stick out about 2.5". Apparently they've been having 'issues' with "modified military vehicles"...gave me a sheet with a pic of a bobbed 2.5 ton spec'ing that all inspections to be performed by a "senior inspector or supervisor". Guy was being a dick and demanded "screwed-in" front reflectors (already had yellow/black DOT tape on the sides of the bumper), mudflaps, and the front tires to be covered. I'll stick on reflectors, add removable mudflaps and swap the flares up front (they're trimmed rear TJ flares) for wider units. I don't think it helped when I asked where those requirements were codified.

--Ian

• I have a new set still in plastic with hardware at the shop for $150. I decided to go another route. Will look at brand tomorrow and let u know.

The flares I have are High Rocks made by Bestop and are 7"

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

Edited once, last by Imarammr ().

• I have some heavy duty cj style rubber flare that I used to screw right onto my factory flare. I think it's 3-4" wide and still has all the screws in it. It's yours if you want it.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• If you are still looking a pair rear TJ flare, I think I still have them. It is 6 inch flare, decent shape. I am in Newark. $50. Text me three o two 383 four thousand and two.

Jeep TJ 2000 Current upgrade: Digital tire gauge. Next upgrade: On board toilet paper holder :P

• I have a new set still in plastic with hardware at the shop for $150. I decided to go another route. Will look at brand tomorrow and let u know.

The flares I have are High Rocks made by Bestop and are 7"

Thanks I ended up ordering a set before I saw this...pains me as I'll need to chop them up some.

If you are still looking a pair rear TJ flare, I think I still have them. It is 6 inch flare, decent shape. I am in Newark. $50. Text me three o two 383 four thousand and two.

Interested, sent a text. I'll cancel/return the ones I ordered if I can get my hands on those.

--Ian

• Thanks Ian. We will connect later, by tomorrow at the latest. Sorry that I didn't see your post sooner. Hope you can return the order. Thanks.

Jeep TJ 2000 Current upgrade: Digital tire gauge. Next upgrade: On board toilet paper holder :P

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!