Cj7 stalling issue

• Hey all
    Andy Titus did an amazing job fixing my custom 1979 cj7 renegade. Everything runs perfect . But it takes forever to get the car running.
    Having an issue starting her. It takes a very very long time before she will idle without stalling. Once it's warmed up she runs like a dream.
    She has a 90s high output inline 6 with Clifford intake and Holley carb.
    Any suggestions?

• Hey all
    Andy Titus did an amazing job fixing my custom 1979 cj7 renegade. Everything runs perfect . But it takes forever to get the car running.
    Having an issue starting her. It takes a very very long time before she will idle without stalling. Once it's warmed up she runs like a dream.
    She has a 90s high output inline 6 with Clifford intake and Holley carb.
    Any suggestions?

That's a vacuum issue with the CTO switch. There's a bunch of vacuum hoses that go to the temp sensor in the side of the block. Those hoses go to various places: the distributor, the air cleaner, the carbon canister (I think), and the EGR valve. My guess is your vacuum hises needs replaced.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• On 2nd thought, it'd cooler outside. Adjust your choke.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I would agree with Slimer. I didnt adjust anything on the carburetor, it probably needs some tweaking. The vacuum hoses that are there are minimal, but they were intact.

• I dont miss my carb. I agree with the choke/temp stuff, but what actually made a huge difference for me was when I converted to the Ford TFI ignition mod. Plenty of write ups out there. Cheap and reliable with standard parts.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!