I have a complaint.

• i don't get it - you'd think that people are expecting us to be clones. all of us joined the club for different reasons - aside from the fact that we own jeeps. tech knowledge (learning/sharing), trail rides, friends, etc. each person has their own agenda and can't be expected to have the cookiecutter personality that the person on the other side of the conversation has. some people are nice, some are nicer...but some aren't. i don't expect people to change their ways or to even sugarcoat themselves to fit some image that i have in my head. if they did then it would just be a lie.

if you don't "mesh" with a person or seem to get a bad vibe from someone - just let it go. there are tons of others out there (in this club or maybe another) for you to hold hands and sing koom bi yah with.
    chris :soapbox: (tired of the PC vibe this thread has been putting out since the beginning!!!)

• x2

Quote from "quadna71"

i don't get it - you'd think that people are expecting us to be clones. all of us joined the club for different reasons - aside from the fact that we own jeeps. tech knowledge (learning/sharing), trail rides, friends, etc. each person has their own agenda and can't be expected to have the cookiecutter personality that the person on the other side of the conversation has. some people are nice, some are nicer...but some aren't. i don't expect people to change their ways or to even sugarcoat themselves to fit some image that i have in my head. if they did then it would just be a lie.

if you don't "mesh" with a person or seem to get a bad vibe from someone - just let it go. there are tons of others out there (in this club or maybe another) for you to hold hands and sing koom bi yah with.
    chris :soapbox: (tired of the PC vibe this thread has been putting out since the beginning!!!)

• x3

Dealing with the memberships so much, and registering people on the site blah blah blah, I've seen the number of folks who have signed up, and then you never hear from them again. People register and never post. I never understood it, but that's the way things go. And I"m sure it's the same in any club, Jeep or otherwise.

I've always looked at it like this. The club is not for everyone. People that are going to get something from the club tend to stay. People who don't see themselves getting what they want don't. Nothing wrong with it. Human nature.

I think we have a great group. There's the common Jeep thread that gives us something in common, but more often that not from what I've seen it goes beyond that. People get to know one another, and are friends outside of club activities, which leads to the relaxed, joking around atmosphere at meetings and events. I guess new people might feel left out of that, but I think if they stick around for awhile they'll feel right at home.

I don't know of any incidents where someone was purposely excluded or done anything that would cause 5 out of 6 dentists to call us assholes. Even if something did occur with "a few members", if a person is judging the entire group by dealing with a few, then they're not going to get what they want from this club anyway.

• well being the blacksheep of the club as I continue to label myself. I will appoligize for anything I may have done. I know I am not the freindlist person and dont normally strike up conversations with people. I drink a little to much on occassion and sometimes I have a little to much fun(yes thats right you can have to much fun). these personality traits of mine may push some people away and thats fine but there is so much more to me and teh group of poeple I hang out with that are in the club. we are very dependable, we help all kinds of people out when there stuff is broken or stuck on the trail. You may not want to camp with us but for the most part I think we are a great little group of guys in deja.
    That is the great thing about this place there is a little click for everyone to belong to in this club. There is the wild bunch (me and my group), the conservitives, the street/show gang, the freindly people. we are all here and for the most part we all get along..... that is the reason deja is so great we are one big melting pot of poeple..... so for anyone who didnt get a warm and fuzzy the first time you meet the club all I have to say is please dont live life going by first impressions most of the time you will be missing out on some really great things

that is the reason deja is so great we are one big melting pot of poeple..... so for anyone who didnt get a warm and fuzzy the first time you meet the club all I have to say is please dont live life going by first impressions most of the time you will be missing out on some really great things

X2

You can't judge a book by its cover and ALOT of times if your reading post and you don't know the person this can be taken out of context.
    I say you win some and you lose some and if someone has left the club because of 1 incident with 1 person then good ridence. They obviously didn't have anything to add to the club anyway. In my opinion this is the best group of guys and girls around and if they had bothered to stick around, then they would have found that out. :soapbox:

Brian (Now stepping off his soapbox and leaving this thread for good)

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I agree with the last few posts.

You cant make everyone happy all the time. When ever you get a large group of people together, from a bunch of different walks of life and a bunch of different backgrounds, there will ALWAYS be personality clashes.

This is human nature, and will never go away.

Having said that, I think that the clubs membership has demonstrated time and again, that they will, and frequently do, go above and beyond the call of duty to help one another out... even the "black sheep" in the group.

How many people that have asked for help, and even a bunch that did not ask but obviously needed it, have been left in the cold? How many of us have been left behind at a trail ride with a busted Jeep? How many people have been given free stuff after asking if anyone had something for sale? How much has the clubs membership, and guests, done for the community? How many non-members, and even non-Jeep people have been rescued by members?

The club is a beautiful thing! And the club is nothing more than its membership. There will always be little things here and there that someone will not like, its not a perfect world.

I would rather have everyone be who they truly are, no sugar coating or BS. And I have much respect for those that live their lives in that way, wether I like who they are or not.

as was stated before, writing off the entire club after an isolated incident with one two individuals is ridiculous.

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

well being the blacksheep of the club as I continue to label myself.

I would never label you as the black sheep. You have done an awful lot for the club and its members (a lot more than me).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

I would never label you as the black sheep. You have done an awful lot for the club and its members (a lot more than me).

thansk John I appreciate it but honestly I dont mind.. I am a little different and I pride myself in that. I consider myself family oreintated but I do it a little different than most. I say dont hind the drinking form the kids. dont hide the fun but teach them how to do it responsibly. Now the GWNF trip in april it got a little out of control and I have appoligized for that we went way above adn beyond for my farwell trip and I all I can say is some of those things will never happen again some of them will. what can I say we love a good party...... anyway I think this thread is dead. we cant make everyone happy all the time we can try but we just cant. hell a couple of months ago I was done with the club and that was one of the stupidest decisions I had ever mad cause I disagreed with the way 3 or 4 people handled a specific situation.... at that point I was judging a group based on a few poeples decision and a few people on 1 decision i was very worng and have since changed my mind and attitude towards alot of things in the world.....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!