I have a complaint.

• :soapbox: I have a complaint. And this is not going to go over to well. :upset:
    :peace:
    I have talked up the DeJA to a few Jeep owners that I meet. And some of them have told me that they have not been made welcome by some of our members. Mainley from the members that have built up Jeep's.
    :note:
    This is not a good thing that some members have forgotten when they were also stock and learning. We as a club should pass on what we have learned. And when a newbee posted or asked something that you think is stupid some will come back with a smart answer.

The only stupid question is the one that was never asked.

I tell people that the DeJA is a family oriented club and when you need help the members are willing to help. And that is 99% true but the 1% can really turn off new members.

Remember that is you the membership that promotes the club or makes it look bad.

:wavey: Thank you I feel much better now. :wavey:

• Thanks for bringing this out. It is important to remember that we were all once new to our Jeeps and for that reason we should ALWAYS treat others with the respect and encouragement we received when we started.

With that said, it is also important for EVERYONE to remember (including visitors to the sight) that you shouldn't make a judgement based on a few encounters with a few people. There are visitors on our board all the time that tell us how they appreciate our welcome atmosphere.

We can only strive to get along with everyone in any group. But more times than not this can be a difficult accomplishment. When it seems too difficult to acheive just put some distance between the few you don't care for and mingle with those you enjoy.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Tug,

Besides not really WANTING a "big" Jeep, I'm trying to be the "stock guy" as much as possible. That's why I do the GWNF trips, and the easier trails at Camp Jeep, etc. I love what a basically stock Jeep can do, and the looks on newbie's faces when they cross their first stream. DeJa has been very accepting of us little guys, but it is a very different trail ride for us than for the "modifieds". Try to get these people to introduce themselves on the boards, and then to go post on the GWNF threads, most of us stockers hang out there. Some day I hope the club actually has a stocker assistant trail boss (but that sounds like an oxymoron), so the new "stock" people have someone to ask questions of who can relate to their issues. Even some of the members with more modified Jeeps have been saying they like the stocker rides because they're so much more laid back.

DrJ

• you know I really miss the club adn there are more than a couple people in this club that are helping my wife while I cant be home and for that I am truly greatful. I tell you I have had my issues with a few in the club and when all is said and done it is a great club to be in. when ever you bring this many people together in one area you ill have people you dont like or dont get along with and as was said if that is true concentrate you efforts into another group. there are many stockers among us and I personnaly enjoy going out with the stockers or atleast I did until I got the jeep built now I want to see what the thing will do so I am going on the harder stuff but I do have another jeep that is much smaller and once I convince the wife to let me drive it offroad I plan to use it on several stock rides a year so that they are more family orintaed.

with all that being said I hold no grudges against anyone and hope that by gones can be by gones when I get home and the wheeling can comence....

• I always like to go up to the Jeeps I see and make a point of saying Hi to the driver.

I met a guy this morning that had an stock unlimited
    they are a sweet looking Jeep :up:

Some times A lifted jeep can be a bit intimidating and some can infer a certain attiude that would go along with that.

In this club we hope to seek out the newbies to introduce them to our family and sport.

Stock or modified we are jeepers and friends. :heart:

• Another thing to remember is that we all have off days. Even the best of us can't be all chipper and perky EVERYDAY! :rollsmile:

Somedays it takes more work! :rolleyes:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I always try to talkup DEJA. everyone I see with a jeep that I get a chance to talk to I always mention the Group. and to those who have the big jeeps with attitudes..... your jeep was stock at some point so its no better than a stock jeep. but yeah you can go more places and you/someone put in the $ and time. not everyone can afford to do that. I for one barely make it week to week but I still come out to the meetings and hopefully soon make a trail ride.

87_AMC_XJ

• Quote from "Slimer"

Another thing to remember is that we all have off days. Even the best of us can't be all chipper and perky EVERYDAY! :rollsmile:

Somedays it takes more work! :rolleyes:

It may not be the person at all. People get sick of answering the SAME questions everytime they stop at wawa to get something to drink. Especially if I'm on my cell phone and someone interupts me just to ask what size tires have. It says it on the &%^% side wall. :upset:

I don't mind answering questions, but some people have no clue what is going on around them until it slaps them on face

• Quote from "quadna71"

sorry, i'm as much of a jerk in person as i am on the internet.
    chris (has to be "that guy" :doh: )

Chris, I can believe that better than I can believe John is Chipper and Perky.

:laughing:

• well from a newbie stocker I can say I have had nothing less then a great response. Every one has been very helpful. And most of that was before I got the jeep. You all helped me make a very nolagable purchase. And I thank everyone for that. I my self will do some stuff to my jeep but think I will still conceder it stock. Just say I want a little meat on the bones.

• i have to agree with artie, as much as we all like to help, answering the same question over and over again can get to be a pain.

but for the most part this club is what i would call a "stock jeep club" as in most of the people in the club have stock or slightly modified jeeps. its usually more freindly and most of the time more fun in this kind of club. but every once and a while you just want to hang with some of the more "hardcore" people and not hear about budget bosts and swaybar disconects. you want to hear about hybrid axles and shortstars. so if any one ever feels like some one in a more modified jeep is not giving them the attention they should, please rember it not personal, its probibly just one of thos off days. we (except quadna as he stated) are all good people.

j/k chris :grin:

• oh yeah, and to add, when i found this site, i knew very little about jeeps (i still dont). i knew alot about fabricating and wheelin, but mostly wheeled toyotas and chevys.
    i didnt even buy jeep for like 2 or 3 months after i found this place.
    if not for the people showing me where to search and read info at, i would not have learned so quickly.

• Um Chris to be a hardcore modified jeep, your jeep must run.

:doh:
    Aaron made me post that. :suspicious: :up:

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• I was on the beach at cape henlopen when i ran into two other jeepers who turned out to be members (Keith C and JeepRubicon - i'm the guy with the temp tag and the surf fishing plate). they both were nothing short of exceptionally helpful and friendly. we talked about the forum and they told me about a couple of events. i just wanna say thanks guys and its great to finally be onboard with delaware jeep.

Hope to meet everyone else at paragon on the 30th

• Quote from "CapeRed"

I was on the beach at cape henlopen when i ran into two other jeepers who turned out to be members (Keith C and JeepRubicon - i'm the guy with the temp tag and the surf fishing plate). they both were nothing short of exceptionally helpful and friendly. we talked about the forum and they told me about a couple of events. i just wanna say thanks guys and its great to finally be onboard with delaware jeep.

Howdy and Welcome to DeJA :wavey:

• Quote from "SLINKY"

Um Chris to be a hardcore modified jeep, your jeep must run.

:doh:
    Aaron made me post that. :suspicious: :up:

it almost started on sat. i just need the right ign parts.

• now I'm gonna get busted I see Aaron is online.
    Good for you Chris, keep us updated on the start.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Quote from "CapeRed"

I was on the beach at cape henlopen when i ran into two other jeepers who turned out to be members (Keith C and JeepRubicon - i'm the guy with the temp tag and the surf fishing plate). they both were nothing short of exceptionally helpful and friendly. we talked about the forum and they told me about a couple of events. i just wanna say thanks guys and its great to finally be onboard with delaware jeep.

I remember, glad to see you here and welcome !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!