formerly The Slow and the diputS trail report

• i agree with chris. here is a group..that met through DEJA (not sure who is still a member or not)

deja is great because of the relationships, friendships and bonds that are made on and off the trail. if you notice..there are clicks. you have the surf fishers, the trail riders, the extreme trail riders, the wrenchers, the builders, the lurkers and the voices.....

...without all of these people DEJA would not be what it is..or keep building to the club it is. with work schedules and family life not everyone is able to plan a trail ride in advance... and everyone is at different wheeling levels.

if you look at past trail runs..they have been getting smaller...almost non existent. mid level jeeps are running stock trails to make group size requirements.... stockers are pushing limits to attempt to run in mid level runs to make group size requirements. and there aren't many hardcore level groups out there

i have no problem with the way DEJA is run..but i remember when i first joined when we had 13 people on a trail run... some running stock, some running mid level, some off on the hardcore. i haven't seen that lately (could be due to the summer months)

seems like slow and the stupid is now a cult out to ruin the reputation of DEJA....where for people like me i am interested to see where the limits are.

i dont understand why the thread was modified, changed, photos deleted and whatever else.. but i dont see a problem with it.

maybe we need to make trail rides level specific?? first weekend are always open rides, second weekend stockers, third mid level, 4th weekend extreme. i think we have enough people capable of being "trail leaders" to make this happen. it would be easier to schedule knowing the weekends they are happening...and DEJA would be seen more on the trails as a respectful. knowledgeable club....as our reputation stands now

:soapbox:

• That is a good part of what Turtle was saying.

Another thing that makes this whole situation extremely disapointing is how helpful alot of those guys are to fellow jeepers. I can't count how many times Turtle or Ian and the others have helped out fellow jeepers with technical stuff, installs and advice. Alot of these people who received help are Deja members. They have done that selfishly spending their own time, using their own tools and inviting people over to their homes.

Alot of people in the DE/PA area would not have the jeeps they have if it wasnt for their help.

So to see them get grief over some pics and a summary of the day...........................Come on.

• so whos going to make the ride this weekend? I would like to run the blue or black asI am part of the 35 and locked croud but if there arn't enough going I will run the the stock. I think the more the merrier club member or not you make the minimum equipment list and have half a brain...its a club sponsered ride but come along. inclusion is the way to build a club , a community , forum

• For whatever reason, and this has come up several times over the last 6 months or so, there are a few people out there that seem to resent what DeJa stands for.

And I am NOT referring to anyone in the S&S group, I am referring to the few that don't post didly-squat here for weeks or months at a time, but as soon as there's a hint of controversy, they are all over the board offering their "expert" opinions and bad mouthing this club.

I for one think DeJA is a great group of people. This has been proven time and time again.

But for some reason, these unhappy souls feel a need to harp in with their rhetoric and try to stir up crap. They really haven't a clue what DeJA is about, yet still feel compelled to offer their infinite wisdom regarding the club.

I think we all know what good DeJA does and we know it comes from it's members, and I'm happy to be part of it.

• i think your putting words in peoples mouth. no one ever said anything bad about deja or the people in it or about the way its run.
    i think elff hit it dead on in his post above. thats all. no anti-deja stuff.

• Last thing I will say........ We have never ever ever bad mouthed DEJA, we encourage those who are looking for a club to join, Most of us are members of DEJA, those who arent' have their reasons or do not get anything from DEJA. DEJA serves a purpose, it introduces people to a wheeling, lets people see what jeeps can do and provides great ways to develop friendships. DEJA for whatever reason already carries a "reputation" amongst some people, This was long before our little group was formed so please don't pass the blame for that on us.

We were told the pictures were inappropriate for DEJA and a misuse of DEJA resources so we removed them.

Now let it die, we are not changing anything about us, we still will not bad mouth DEJA, hell i have posted more tech in the last 3 days than I have in the last 6 months. You just wont' see our pictures on this board again

• they are on sony's server

imagestation.com

they are under the same screen name.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Well, I must be out of the loop further than I thought. I haven't seen any posts saying the pictures or articles are inappropriate. I certainly didn't see anything wrong with what was posted. If people are getting offended for not being invited then screw'em. Just being a member doesn't mean you have to do EVERYTHING as a club as Turtle said in an earlier post.

I've gone on trail rides on my own, issued reports and have had them ignored (or not responded to anyway). It isn't worth getting bent on.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I finally got to watch the video. It's funny how quiet everything gets right when your going over.

I wonder if a bumper mounted camera would work well? Then you could see the obstacles better when watching the video afterwards.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• yeah the dash is in the way of the shot. thats becasuse the seats are mounted to the cage which dropped them about 4 inches. I was actually holding the camera up to my eye level, imagine that.

it was just like a roller coaster ride, one min. your looking straight ahead, the next your looking at the sky, then you do a cork screw :tup:

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Good thing you didn't give yourself a black eye with the camera. You did a good job holding it still.

I've always wondered if a camera mount could be designed that would always keep the camera on a level plain and absorb the bounciness. I guess the only way to do it would be by floating half of the mount on a baffled water or oil type bath.

:hmm:

You would want limited movement forward and backward to help keep the camera on the horizon during climbs and descends.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!