IT'S OFFICIAL - GWNF Stocker Trail Ride - September 11

• I'm camping, check with Kenny on the location of the hotel. GWNF is on 33 though, so once you're in Harrisonburg, either hook up with Kenny on a time to meet him at the hotel, or use the previous posts as a guide to get to GWNF and the campsite. It seems as if we've settled on meeting at the campsite at 10:00am. I believe leaving Harrisonburg at 8:45am would get you to the trailhead at 9:15-9:30. If someone needs us at the trailhead, say so, but the directions are fairly plain, and we can leave a marker. That would put you at the campsite around 10am.

Let's say CB Channel 4. Remember cell phones no worky.

DrJ

Or do I hear a few folks interested in Moab?

I was out their and saw some of the rigs those guys run driving around town man they are serious wish i had my camera out. sounds like fun to me jsut not sure how my jeep would hold up out thier but would def ride shotgun on that one.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• A few hundred posts ago, we decided we'd all bring our own food and water. I think Koran is bringing a chainsaw. I'm bringing a weedwacker. There's a fire pit in the center of each clearing (or there was in May anyway). If someone could bring a grate to put over the fire, an axe, and lighter fluid (Omaha's "girl scout water"), we'd be good. A bag or two of charcoal might be nice.

If it rains (knock on wood), we're eating out of cans!

Anything else anyone?

DrJ

• Also if someone has a SWR I probably need to tweek my cb. Thanks

DJ I will bring 2 bags of coal. Just becuse the food tastes so much better......or at least the commercial says so.

• Just because I don't have an axe or a grate, and Dennis already called the charcoal, I'll bring some lighter fluid (gas would work right? :suspicious: ).

I'll also bring a tarp and plenty of jute twine to to tie up should it rain. More tarps would probably be good too.

• Quote from "wanderlust"

I'll bring some lighter fluid (gas would work right? :suspicious: ).

Sure, Paul...that'll work. We'll be a few miles away, call when you've got the fire started...no, wait... we'll just watch for the mushroom cloud.

Sometimes we use a road flare to help get it started, makes the steaks taste weird though...

DrJ

• Quote from "quadna71"

dennis, i just picked up a new swr meter for tuning icky's cb on her jeep for the ride - remind me a little closer to when we leave and i'll pack it. oh, i'll have a gas can with me already for the chainsaw. :yevil:
    chris

Thanks man. The adjusting tip is kinda bent, dont know when it happened. But I will remind you thanks!

• Quote from "DrJ"

Sometimes we use a road flare to help get it started, makes the steaks taste weird though...

If you have trouble starting a fire, you can use cotton balls rubbed in vaseline. Neither will burn with a flame alone, but together each cotton ball will burn with a flame for a couple of minutes. Old Boy Scout trick...

:peace:

• lets see coal, girl scout water, i guess i will bring matches :rolleyes:

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I have and will bring:

A campfire grate/grill with legs.
    A large tarp
    A small table top propane canister grill
    Waterproof matches
    A bag of charcoal

And I'll share anything else we bring.

• Yeah!!!!!!

Where you been, huh?

Well, if you look at the Event Calendar, there's something like thirty going counting Delaware4wd. But if you look at the departure sign-up list on the forum thread, "GWNF...the Cliff Notes version" you'll see about 10. Add to that some of the Delaware 4wd group, and Patti, who lives in Frederick, and I'd say 15 tops at this point. So your guess is as good as mine!

HEY!!! YOU!!! YEAH, YOU!!!! IF YOU'RE READING THIS, AND YOU HAVEN'T PICKED A GROUP TO LEAVE WITH...DO IT NOW!!!! IF YOU'RE GOING UP ALONE...SAY SO NOW!!!! ...oh, and thanks! :peace:

DrJ

• I will be bringing my wife and two toddlers. The plan is to stay at a hotel Friday night and then drive in Saturday morning. Is it fair to ask if there will be spots available to pitch a tent. I have a stock Cherokee and won't be able to push any trees down to make room. (I just added that to concern some of the tree huggers)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!