jeep with a Hummer body kit

• has anyone else seen this thing? I saw it on 141 monday (I think?) afternoon and wasn't able to keep lunch down. if anyone has any photos of it I'd love to see them (in a trainwreck kind of way)

• Makes me kinda sick too. One think that is kind of cool is that you can run 35" tires without a lift.

Steve (Thinks Hummers should be private thing)

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I found this stupid thread, says its suppose to give a Jeep that Hummer look....

http://www.eclandrunner.com/

And this image. Yes folks this is a Wrangler.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• now that is sick. what is the purpose of this thing? are they trying to say that hummers want to be jeeps because i certainly can't see it the other way around. i don't know of any jeep owners that would want their vehicle to even come close to resembling a hummer. am i wrong?

• Quote from "catdoc2b"

i don't know of any jeep owners that would want their vehicle to even come close to resembling a hummer. am i wrong?

I don't either but somebody apparently does or this post wouldn't be here. :repuke:

• one guy lives near me in dover here it is blue and fugly

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• YUCK, those "landrunners" are ugly. :repuke:

when I saw the title, I thought somebody saw a Jeep Rescue photo. I call them a Hummer on steroids. Jeep was trying to get the military contract for the new all-purpose vehicle to replace the Humvee, I dunno if they're still trying, though. I hope they get it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/Jeep-Rescue/index.shtml

and, here's one I shot at Camp Jeep. http://www.delawareja.com/gallery/data/703/498IMG_9826.JPG

The Rescue is massive, larger than a Hummer H1 or H2. It's running on 37" tires. http://www.daimlerchrysler.com…389-0-0-0-0-0-0-0,00.html

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Those things are hot. Yellow one rides around newark. They call them HJ-7 body kits.

• I thought it was our duty as jeep owners to denounce the H2 and H3.
    The H1 i have respect for because it really is a capable offroader and it serves the military well, but not in tight trails. Still, i think we can all find respect for the H1 as a military vehicle. The rest of the Hummer line is crap.

• so its a jeep trying to be a hummer wow when you think about it hummers were bought to replace the jeep. both are capable but one cost 25k more and is less capable

• Quote from "gumby"

so its a jeep trying to be a hummer

Sort of a wolf in sheeps clothing.... :hmm:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I think those things look pretty stupid. These are the same people that bolt on every accessory from the first 2 isles of Pep Boys on their 79 Royal Blue Monte Carlo or their little plastic ricer. I give it a thumbs down. :down: I dont think I would have been so annoyed with pulling driving duty while in the USMC if I was driving my TJ. The ride in those hummers are brutal, and they flex for S#&t. Had plenty time with them in the desert in 29 stumps.

• Quote from "AndyZJ"

I thought it was our duty as jeep owners to denounce the H2 and H3.
    The H1 i have respect for because it really is a capable offroader and it serves the military well, but not in tight trails. Still, i think we can all find respect for the H1 as a military vehicle. The rest of the Hummer line is crap.

the H1 was developed by AM General, a subsidiary of AMC, who happened to own jeep at that time, making the H1 the last FSJ. that is why it is bad @$$

• That's what i was told by an uncle of mine. Then it was sold off by chrysler to GM and they have been trying to retrieve that military market place ever since. Its a shame, but i'd much rather have an old fart of a jeep rather than a new spiffy H2 or H3.

• Quote from "skrewhead"

I dont think I would have been so annoyed with pulling driving duty while in the USMC if I was driving my TJ. The ride in those hummers are brutal, and they flex for S#&t. Had plenty time with them in the desert in 29 stumps.

Aren't the military tires filled with calcium or something instead of air?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• not sure about in Humvee's, but some diesel engines can run on "bio diesel". either a mix of regular diesel and the vegie-oil, or run dual tanks (switch to veg-oil after the engine is running).

the main reason Humvee's hurt so much, is that they are designed for strength, not comfort. lol take a peek at the underside of the next military convoy you see, if you can spot any shocks, let me know. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!