Jeeps for Joy Memorial Toy Drive!

• Quote from "wanderlust"

That's it exactly. It'd be great to have it there, but having Santa there this year (not to dismiss Fred's showing as Santa last year!), there's the chance there will be more kids running around. God forbid one wanders away from his parents and too close to the ramp at the wrong time.

What if it "just happened" to be in the parking lot off to the side and was not marked as being a part of the club. :hmm:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

What if it "just happened" to be in the parking lot off to the side and was not marked as being a part of the club. :hmm:

I think seeing all of the Jeeps driving up it would give it away. Or maybe it would be the 2' wide club logos on it. We're not going to go through towing it all the way up there just to have it for show. Especially if the weather is bad.

• Icky is supposed to be working to be sure we have good weather. Brisk and sunny is what I believe was mandated for that day.

• Quote from "wanderlust"

Icky is supposed to be working to be sure we have good weather. Brisk and sunny is what I believe was mandated for that day.

:laughing: I'll see what strings I can pull to make it happen :)

• "new, unwrapped" :)

good point, I'll have to add it to the website. it is specified in the half-page flyer, though.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• some guy followed me in to work yesterday. He has an fc-170 with a home made flat bed in Smyrna I think. I told him about the run on Saturday. He will try to make it.
    It would be cool to have 2 of the old gals there.
    Larry

• The main point of this event is to collect toy donations for the children at AI duPont Hospital for Children, and Childrens Choice foster care for the Holidays. This event is in memory of 2 young Jeep enthusiasts, Matthew Allen and Keith McDaniels. Matt is the son of one of our members here, Bob Allen (hurrcane). So, although it's a gathering of everyone, and we try to have some fun while we're together, there is a serious side to this. These families are going through a very stressful time, emotionally and financially. We are trying to help these kids have a great Holiday by collecting these donations.

The absolute most important thing going on this day is encouraging people to bring donations. It's the whole reason for this event, so if you show up, you should have a donation with you. We are collecting donations from 9am to 2 pm this Saturday. At approximately 2:30, we are having our Jeep caravan to AI to deliver the donations.

During the day, everyone is more or less just hanging out, helping to take donations from anyone as they drive through.

We do have some changes this year. There will be handouts to give anyone that donates, which give a brief history of the event, Santa will be there, and we have a raffle for various items.

There's several posts in this forum regarding this event. It's the club's biggest community event, and it's only a few days away. It worries me with all of the work that's been done to try and promote this event, that someone on the forums so often doesn't even know what it's aobut.

• Just picked up my toys at KB Toys in the mall! The manager gave me a corporate discount, AND a bundle of coupons for $5 off a purchase of $50 or more. I know it's a little late, but if anyone wants any coupons, let me know. I can also bring them to the toy run to give to AI DuPont if they want them. Just a thought

• If no one here takes them, I'm sure AI will be happy to receive them.

Thanks Icky!

• Paul, I like your avatar pic...all it needs is square headlights! :razz:

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!