Oct 15th trail ride Rausch Creek

• Quote from "XJ99"

I think Its something to think about for future rides but may be a little late to think about now,

I kind of said that on page one of this thread:

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys should hang out up there and then go to Neuroc on the 16th to chear Aaron, Don, and Chris on.

I can't go on the Oct. 15th ride due to another engagement. But since I'm not going up tomorrow I may try to head up Sunday for the final day of the competition to show my support.

As I have said before, it's worth the trip to watch.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I am gonna get flamed for this one but I gotta put it out there. I race motorcycles offroad and also frequent a couple of local mc club websites but I dont expect them to come and watch me race? I have limited weekends available especially the whole weekend and I am looking forward to spending it with some friends. And as far as patronizing the parks with admission fees, I know they are getting less than the $35 I am gonna spend to wheel that day. It would be nice to go support Aaron and the team, but I would like to get behind the wheel of my Jeep and go have some fun. And Zac, I have bought a few things from you and am very happy with my stuff and direct alot of sales your way when I have the chance but I am not into walking around and looking at display tables, I look at mags. when I am hanging on the sofa or taking care of business in the B-room. But hey if anyone of you guys wants to come to the Pine Barrens on Sunday to cheer me on, come on out. Please, no one take offense to this, it is just my opinion and I felt compelled to put it out there. Aaron knows I'm cheering for him.

• But if this was a motorcycle racing club's website, it wouldn't be out of the question to see someone asking for his/her ( :tup:) friends to come out for support. I agree that most of us have limited weekends available, and I, too, will choose driving my Jeep first, but a close second or third (after wrenching?) would be supporting my friends. We do get your point though...well I do anyway, that's why I offered trying to do BOTH. :peace:

DrJ

• Quote from "rafartist"

I dont expect them to come and watch me race? I have limited weekends available especially the whole weekend and I am looking forward to spending it with some friends. And as far as patronizing the parks with admission fees, I know they are getting less than the $35 I am gonna spend to wheel that day.

That's a very good point, and certainly nothing is expected of anyone. My weekends are always busy with family and kids stuff which makes it hard for me to get out (except this weekend which was cancelled :upset: ).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I apologize if my post seemed derogotory--it was not meant to be and I did not want to seem to tell people how to spend their time. My intent was to say that if you were available it may be beneficial to our hobby/sport if you could support NEUROC and the local teams. I say that because I know how well respected DEJA members are in the area and I am always surprised at how many members I don't see at NEUROC. In reality, many decisions are based on finances and we is more likely to have resources applied to our hobby/sport if a high level of participation is seen at the comps. Sad or not, that is the truth.

The other thing that I have found was that I did not enjoy the comps as much until I semi became part of one. There is a bunch of drama and tension during the comps that you may not be aware of unless you get into what is going on more than just watching. Luckily, for you DEJA members, you have an awesome representative with Team Mall Crawler and it would really be something to see a bunch of DEJA members in matching shirts, or something, screaming for them to excel. Personally, I am getting sick of seeing a bunch of green shirts following around Team 4WD Hardware and cheering her on.

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify my statement and apologize if I offended anyone. I can honestly say that I have a great respect for DEJA and owe many of their members a great deal of gratitiude for their support of our small company. I cannot say thank you all enough.
    :wavey:

• I'm going on the ride and was looking tomeet somewhere and drive up with a group. Closest place to me would be Middletown, but I don't mind driving more north anyway to meet up. Anybody?

• Quote from "zachv"

There is a bunch of drama and tension during the comps

I thought that ended in High School? darn. lol

If finances weren't an issue, I'd be at every event. But, gas alone for the round trip will cost me $40, plus admission and stuff. This is the first weekend that I won't be doing anything, and would rather spend it on a trail ride. I didn't know about the competition until a couple weeks ago. The Neuroc website still has the location as "TBD".

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Quote from "zachv"

I apologize if my post seemed derogotory--

I didn't take it as negative. You made a good point. You are right about getting more out of it when you are involved. Although I was just a water boy once, it made it more interesting.

I didn't see the tension between crews though. What I saw was people from other teams helping out their opponents. I found THAT show of sportsmanship truly AMAZING. I wish we could see it in ALL sports. In Attica, we even shared food and water with another team. It was so HOT that we didn't want to see anyone get sick.

I made it to the last one at Paragon. I'm going to try to make the next one on the 16th.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Back to the trail ride for a sec, if you all don't mind...

What's the recognized BEST way to get to R/C from say, Dover or Wilmington? I've had a few ask me our route, and I was just gonna MapQuest it, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks, and now back to the hijacked portion of this thread...

DrJ :peace:

• Quote from "teamtom"

I'm going on the ride and was looking tomeet somewhere and drive up with a group. Closest place to me would be Middletown, but I don't mind driving more north anyway to meet up. Anybody?

I'd say if you say Middletown, I would say meet with me at the Wawa at Boyd's Corner, across from the Odessa Fire Company Station 4 - it is at 13 and Boyds Corner Rd....(its just south of Frightland)

DrJ and the group should be swinging by that way to pick us up...he can finalize times later...

If you don't know where it is PM me.

• Quote from "DrJ"

Yes, up Rt.1 but keep watching this thread, I'd guess we could pick you up at 6:30-6:45am.
    DrJ

6:30am at Boyd's Corner, just a drive by, you'll all jump in and we'll go on to the rest stop just across the PA line. Unless someone suggests otherwise, it'll be 95/476/76 up to R/C.

• Please excuse my Hijacking, I think I must be of Middle Eastern descent or something. LOL. I am just looking forward to a great camping trip with the crew. That said, see you all there. Oh and by the way, how are you going to get up there and back Josh for $40 in gas. Man I would feel compelled you kiss the gas attendant if I could do it for that. I have come to terms with at least a $100 gas bill, while towing the trailer.

• Quote from "DrJ"

6:30am at Boyd's Corner, just a drive by, you'll all jump in and we'll go on to the rest stop just across the PA line. Unless someone suggests otherwise, it'll be 95/476/76 up to R/C.

R u guys coming up 13?

AND who doesn't have a CB?

channel 4?

(I am getting this all in advance, because I might not be around a computer for the next few days BUT will check the post when I get around one.)

• Quote from "DrJ"

[quote="DrJ"]Unless someone suggests otherwise, it'll be 95/476/76 up to R/C.

Steve, I'm not sure where that will get you. Here are the highway directions I use:

I-95 to I-476, up to Allentown exit (I-78/Rt22). Take I-78 West, about 45 minutes. Exit 13 (I think), is Rt. 501 "Bethel". Turn right, follow 501 over the mountain to the end, turning left onto Rt. 895. Follow 1/2 mi or so to end, turn right onto Rt. 443 through Pine Grove. Follow 443 to Rt. 125 (straight through light). When you see the signs for I-81 entrance, turn left. Just past corner is Exxon where we stop. Pull out of Exxon to the right, follow up hill for a few miles (towards "Joliet"), RC entrance will be on the left just past the slag heaps.

• what is the meeting time at rausch.. assuming 8:00?? ill be comming from PA up through reading. hopefully a friend of mine will be following

• 8:00am might be a little early, but not much probably. I'm just not as familiar with driving to R/C to say for sure. If you're reading the other times here and guessing 8:00am, cool...I'm just not comfortable saying we'll be there that early. If you want my cell number to keep tabs on us, PM me.

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!