Need a little help....

• When putting my lift and such on at Quadnas a few weeks ago, we also put on a 1" TC drop kit (spacers and new bolts). I have no idea when this happened, but I noticed today that I'm missing the front 2 bolts and spacers on the drivers side (3 on each side if you didn't know).

I removed the center one from the passenger side, and attempted to bolt it into the front spot on the drivers side, but the bolt won't tighten up. I'm guessing this is why I lost them in the first place.

So, what can I do to fix this? I'm guessing I need to order a new drop kit, but how can I get the bolts to tighten up? They bolt into the frame rail. Has anyone else dealt with this problem?

Not to rush things, but I'd like to get this fixed this week if possible, so I can go to the fishing tourny on Saturday. If that's not possible, I can live with it, but I do need to find a fix for this.

Thanks
    Paul

• Dont buy a new drop kit, I have 2 extras, one is 1" and the other is 1.5". As for the bolts comming loose you may have spun the inserts inside of the frame. I hear several members have had the problem. Ive been lucky. You might be able to have someone weld them back in place. Someone with the problem may want to speak up.
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Sometimes you can loosen all the bolts up and "shove" (usually with the encouragement of a hammer or screwdriver shoved in the hole) the skid plate over a smidge to get the hole lined up enought to get a bolt started.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks guys. Ed and Mike I'll take you both up on your offers. Some questions though.

Is it safe to drive with 3 bolts on the pass. side but only 1 on the drivers?

How do you tack up the nuts in the frame? I didn't see any way to get to them? And I thought the frame was just threaded, but I could be wrong.

Mike, let me know what night is good for you. I'd really like to get this fixed as soon as possible. I would be free tonight, Wed. or Thurs. I'd have to go pick up my daughter and wait for Selena to get home, but I could drive back over after that.

And Ed, let me know when I could drive down to your place and pick up the 1" drop kit, and how much you want for it.

Much appreciated guys!

• Another question....with a total of 4" of suspension lift, and a 1" body lift, would it be better to eventually get 1" motor mounts? Would that eliminate the need for the 1" TC drop, and gain back that 1" of clearance underneath?

Unfortunately, I need to go with the TC drop now for financial consideration, but I was thinking ahead...

Any thoughts?

• The frame inserts have a small edge to the sleeve that sticks out below the frame rails, my inserts spun on my rubi and it only took a few minutes to weld them in place. A MML is a really easy install which takes about 45 minutes and well worth the $80 or so that they cost.

• My MML actually elimintated the need for the transfer case drop. I thought i was still having some vibes but it ended up that my tires were out of balance.
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• UPDATE: Turtle fixed this and more! Minutes after arriving, he determined my nutzert things weren't spinning. We tried to get a bolt in, but it just wouldn't thread. We dropped the skid completely, and he worked a bolt completely in and out of where I had lost some. We replace the bolts with longer ones, and it all tightened up just fine. I just needed to replace 2 more bolts with longer ones.

So, when we were all done, about 15 or 20 minutes later, I off-handedly mentioned that I needed to find the source of this tapping/bumping feeling I had under my feet while driving, generally when letting off the clutch, or hitting a bump. Mike says "sounds like your tranny mount, I have one...", and so he offers to undo all that he just did to put this on. I ran to the hardware store in his Jeep (which, by the way I highly recommend if you can work it out, it drives nice), and got the two longer bolts I needed (and some gas for his). He was pretty much done when I got back, put the last 2 bolts in, and I took it out. What a complete difference, feels so much nicer now!

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it.

I'm still taking Ed up on his drop kit offer to replace the two spacers Mike made.

You guys rock.

Paul

• Quote from "turtle"

I know :grin: :grin:

Glad we could get it all fixed up for you, I am even happier that the nutzerts weren't stripped or broken off like I first thought.

Seriously it is great that you help out as much as you do. :up:

• Quote from "turtle"

Glad we could get it all fixed up for you, I am even happier that the nutzerts weren't stripped or broken off like I first thought.

That's good to hear. At first I thought you were disappointed that you couldn't break out the welder.

Again, thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!