GWNF IV

• which camping option doth thou preferest? (if you're not going, or using a hotel, don't vote) 0

1. Kephart (0) 0%
    2. Campground with facilities (0) 0%

Its that time of year again! That's right...let's start that 20 page thread for the NEXT George Washington National Forest Stocker trip!!!!

May 18th - 21th, 2006

NEW and IMPROVED!

restrooms!
    showers!
    still large group camping, but at a campground with facilities!
    hotel groups still welcomed!
    ...and best of all, NO ATV TRAILS!

We're looking at leaving Thursday...wheeling Thursday (short), Friday, and Saturday, and spending Sunday at the campsite ONLY for a relaxing end to the weekend.

This is still a STOCKER-oriented event, so if you've never been off-road before and/or have a stock JEEP vehicle, this is the first event for YOU! Camp or stay in a nearby hotel, we'll help get you there...and out relatively safely. There are specific equipment requirements, so read the sticky about equipment at the top of the "TRAIL RUNS AND GATHERINGS" forum, and ask questions BEFORE you go!

Install a CB now, get that EZPass, bolt on those tow hooks, and buy a tow strap (without hooks). There is more, so read up and look over the old threads and trail reports from previous GWNF trips. See you there!

Post up...let's hear about it!

DrJ

• Give the new campsite a chance this once. Patti and Coleman scouted this place about 10 miles up the road. It has individual sites, but it also has an overflow lot in the back where we can all camp together on flat ground. It also has a large fire pit in the center like Kephart. It is something like $3 per person, but we get crappers and showers.

If more people are interested in just goinig back to Kephart, I'm certainly game for that too, just thought we'd try to add a little "comfort".

Post your opinions!

DrJ

• i should be in for this one, i missed the other 3 and really wanted to check it out

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• I'll add this to the calendar after the holidays, once I see that this date sticks. My point is to go as late as possible for warmth, but before Memorial Day.

DrJ

• I may ask the rangers if we CAN do the ATV Trail down to the river and then turn around and go back. That part was fun and challenging.

...maybe?

DrJ

• YES! YES! YES!

As long as nothing crazy comes up, I'm def planning on this! Another fun one!

This time im protected from those rocks!

• that sounds fun, we crossed the river at paragon and that seemed crazy. I def am interest in this one.

• FIRST PAGE!

We missed the last 2 so I'm looking forward to making this one - once the days solidify, I'll put in for Thurs. off as well.

• hmm... goto a model rocket launch and boss people around, or... go offroading. tough decision... not! :)

hmm, my first GWNF trip. :driving:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• IM all about it , once the dates are locked ill make sure im off for it. time to dust off the old tent and sleeping bags

• I'm going to plan on this one too, haven't missed one yet!

I'd do the ATV trail again, but if we don't get permission, no biggie.

Campground is fine I guess, I'll miss Kephart though.

• Quote from "flutterby"

We're there! Maybe both jeeps!
    I can't wait!

Can we conserve hot water by sharing the showers? :razz:

Sure, but I don't think either of our "others" would understand! :xmasbiggrin:

I'm in... Should have the Jeep all new and improved by then... So it will be WAY overkill for GWNF. :innocent: or am I not allowed to ride at GWNF on 42's? :innocent:

I'll also try NOT to have to go to the emergency room right before the trip this time. :wstupid: (where is the "I am stupid" sign?)

• If this turns out as the plan, thats fine... but Wifey and I will need to bum rides for this trail. Mine will be way too wide.

• I'm game. Not counting on the wife though. She came with me on GWNFII last spring and she wasn't too into it. My sister on the other hand, after last weekend at Paragon, will probably come in her Xterra or a JEEP if she gets one by then. She's hooked!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!