Finally! Got one..Can any one help

• I ordered the lift today i want to get it on before the fishing turny, can any one help out on friday of this week i am located up north in hockessin, the only thing is i have like no tools it is only shocks springs transfer case drop and rear track bar relocator so it should only take a couple of hours can anyone help?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Edited once, last by ().

• I might be able to come over and help out. I have things to do Friday but it shouldn't take that long. When do you plan on starting?

• looking tp try and start at like 11 or 12 it depends on when people can come help out.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• If you dont have tools i would suggest waiting untill someone who does is available. Sometimes you need a spring compressor to get the springs in and out. You also need a wide array of metric sockets and wrenches. If I had known a few days ago you could have come to my house and we could have tossed it in in a couple of hours. Unfortunatley i have to go visit the future inlaws( you know Inheritance and stuff).
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• it is cool i understand i am due to get it today according to the ups shipping charts so i could do it on thursday moring if it is only going to take a few hours to do but you are right i need spring compressors and the sockets for the bolts. i can wait i just really want to get it put on i hate having somingth and not getting ot use it.

• More than likely you will not need spring compressors. I have done plenty of coil spring lifts and have not run into needing a spring compressor.

Chris

• ok so i don;t need those cool can anyone help do it even if i have to wai till next week? i really want to put it on

• Just be careful with coil springs if you are not using a spring compresser and are not sure what you are doing. Coil springs can cause severe injury if they are not fully decompressed during removal.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Chris, the best thing to do is to set a date later on this month, giving people atleast 2 weeks to to find out if they have the time. There are alot of tools you will need. Some times you dont need to use spring compressors, but in some cases you do. So it is nice to have them around just in case you need them. You will also need a puller, for your swaybar links, these tools you can get at auto zone. Since you dont have much for tools i would wait untill someone with a garage is available. Then see if you can come over to work on it. Just so you know i waited about 5 weeks before i could get my lift on. You dont NEED it for the fishing turny, your jeep will do fine with out it. Well good luck on the lift. cant wait to see it.

• Hey chris i'm available friday. I have a floor jack jackstands and all the tools you need exept for the puller and spring compressors. I don't think you'll run into the problem of needing the compressors as i just put a 4 inch full traction on my friends tj without them

• that would be great stephen i can com over when ever you are free, just pm me directions.

yeah i know i don't "need" it but it is like a new toy and i really want to get it on the jeep but it is not a big deal if i can't get it on.

• Quote from "omaha"

yeah i know i don't "need" it but it is like a new toy and i really want to get it on the jeep but it is not a big deal if i can't get it on.

I know how you feel. i have no patients either.

• i want to put it on friday but i just found out the only time i am free is from 3:00 to like 7:00 if you can still do it then lets throw it on thier i need to be able to drive though after 7 so we can maye start earlier if you need to but i think like 1 could be the earliest i coudl start sorry if this doesn't work i will hav to wait if it doesn't

bmf24 yeah this waiting thing really suxs.

• Quote from "bmf24"

i have no patients either.

I never knew you were a doctor :shrug: :laughing: :grin:

How about patience :lbulb: :grin:

I can never wait to install mods but sometimes it is more worthwhile to wait then it is to rush. Spend the time do it right, make sure you can get it driveable in the time period you have to work on it. Your TJ is older so you will have more issues with bolts being rusty and hard to get out then if it were new an shiny. Hit everything with PB Blaster as often as you can. It may only take 4 hours to do the whole install but if you run into problems like broken shock bolts it can turn into an all day affair.

• Gee, I never thought I've heard of a TJ being "older" and having to deal with rusted bolts but now that I think of it they have been out for 8 years now.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'm willing to start whenever you want to. I think the earlier the better. You got the OME kit correct? So there shouldn't be any swaybar links just shocks, springs, spring isolators, and a trackbar bracket.

• Work on Arties and you will see what I mean. Granted it is not like a CJ where you just cut them off but it is definelty a struggle. Mine is a 2001 and 3 of my rear shock bolts broke off when I was putting my new shocks on.

• what's that supposed to mean? there is nothing wrong with my jeep, it just likes the stuff that's already on it and fears change that's all. :folded: So she holds on to stuff tightly, isn't that a sign of well built vehicle?

Artie

• It's definately not a job to do with a time limit. That has "Murphy's Law" written all over it.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• ok i can start at 11:30 that sound good to you? i am putting pb blaster on all today so that we can get the stuff off easier. pm me directions i think we could use help so anyone willing to come help i woudl appriciate it if it is cool with steve.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!