Wrenchfest...Help needed please!

• Quote from "XJ99"

Mike that'd be great If you wanted to come by and help out, considering you Just helped Rick with that similar Lift Im sure the steps are fresh in your memory...Just come by whenever your able, I'll be there at 9am

Ok, thats cool, What exactly is getting installed, have any pictures of the parts.... also is there going to be a good sized air tank?? great video, its just easier to take the case out completely in my eyes.

• dont know the brand air tank but Its 6ft tall and looks like a 500 pound dude....big round ugly green tank with gauges and valves on It....has multiple ports running off of It, me and my buddy have worked plenty of times on seperate Jobs and there was plenty of air to run the tanks...

Installing front and rear ss brakelines, drop brackets with support braces, new upper and lower control arms, new track bar with hd bracket, new coils, new leafs, sye....and Im calling friday I think to order my ds, tom woods said they should be able to match It up real close by the amount of lift and the sye Im using...so depends how long It takes to get here

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• then im guessing the project will not be this weekend?? i am busy next weekend...

• No everythings geting done this upcoming weekend the 7th and 8th, starting sat at 9am, but the only thing I dont have yet is my rear driveshaft, everything else can be Installed, that Just means I may be sitting on my a$$ for a few days missing work til It comes.... hehe :idiot:

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• you might want call for availability on the d/s today, get it next dayed... we dont have any in stock....

• Quote from "XJ99"

No everythings geting done this upcoming weekend the 7th and 8th, starting sat at 9am, but the only thing I dont have yet is my rear driveshaft, everything else can be Installed, that Just means I may be sitting on my a$$ for a few days missing work til It comes.... hehe :idiot:

Your shipment hasn't arrived to my work address yet. I have the shipping people keeping an eye out for it.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Wellp, everythings hear I need...All I need to pick up is the black RTV sealer and AT fluid...I Just ordered my shaft from Tom Woods...should be here on monday so I might need a hand Just tossing that on real quick If anyone is willing to help out Monday afternoon/evening....Other then that Im bumping It back up. Im gonna go powerwash the Jeep tonight under neath and clean up the suspension so Its easy to work on, while Im at It I'll hit some of the bolts with PB blaster...

• Make sure you soak the control arm bolts and leaf spring bolts every day....

• Remember to be careful with the hard brake lines. The fittings tend to seize up on the tubing and when you go to turn the fitting you'll end up twisting the tubing.

That sucks!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• will do Mike, thanks John, Im gonna be very careful with that I cant afford to any mistakes, I'v never changed lines before so hopefully someone will be experienced with that....

• If you feel one being a bit tough, hit it with an oxy-acetylene torch to heat it up. You can get a small set up for $40 at Lowes. They're nice to have around. Once you get it hot enought it will spin freely. Since you'll be bleeding your brakes out anyway you don't have to worry about boiling the brake fluid.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

Remember to be careful with the hard brake lines. The fittings tend to seize up on the tubing and when you go to turn the fitting you'll end up twisting the tubing.

That sucks!

I know that too well, ill bring my lil propane torch just in case, just make sure you coat the lines also, using a box end wrech or whatever there called works best, i had to use vise grips on mine personally..

• I'm still in. I'll see you Sat at 9ish. Need me to bring anything?

I'll stay as long as I can. I will have to prob bounce though in the early afternoon.

• Nope dont need a thing...See ya there!

• Josh, just an FYI you will need the special wrenches for the brake lines. I attempted mine with a regular open end wrench and destroyed one before my dad informed me there was a special wrench for it (which he has!). If you happen to bogger one up like I did you can get a cheap compression fitting from the parts store to fix it. If you don't have the wrenches let me know I can prob. bring them by on Sat. I am going to try to stop by regardless but I will PM you for sure.

• Quote from "sklively"

Josh, just an FYI you will need the special wrenches for the brake lines. I attempted mine with a regular open end wrench and destroyed one before my dad informed me there was a special wrench for it (which he has!). If you happen to bogger one up like I did you can get a cheap compression fitting from the parts store to fix it. If you don't have the wrenches let me know I can prob. bring them by on Sat. I am going to try to stop by regardless but I will PM you for sure.

NO you don't use compression fittings! Brake lines require a special double flare because they are higher pressure.

The wrenches you need are tubing wrenches. I have a cheap set from Pep Boys that work but someday I want to get a good set.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The shop were doin the Lift at is my buddy's stepdad's and hes got every tool Imaginable..only problem is, I dont know exactly where each part is...I have seen a drawer marked brake tools so Im sure the parts are in there....

Brake lines require a special double flare

Double flare meaning what? The fittings I used flared both ends when they tightened down. No drips or leaks thus far, let me know if my life is in danger!

• Quote from "Slimer"

The wrenches you need are tubing wrenches. I have a cheap set from Pep Boys that work but someday I want to get a good set.

also known as "line wrenches"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!