Wrenchfest...Help needed please!

• Gonna be Installing the new suspension soon and wanted to see If theres anyone who would like to help. I have one friend that will pry help me but I know I could use more help and knowledge to make the process go faster and smoother. I have the knowledge to do a basic lift but this is a bit more then I have ever done on my own and I need someone who knows what their doing because I wont have directions. On the list is a 5.5 lift with drop brackets, fixed arms, trac bar w/ new mount, brake lines, and all the other goodies. Im sure I could do It without directions but If anyone knows what their doing and would like to help please let me know. I dont have a date set in stone so Im seeing what works for anyone who could help. I was thinking January Thurs 6, Fri, 7, Sat 8th, Sun 9th. It should only take 1-2 days depending how many hands we have but those days are all open depending who can help. I may be able to get a garage with air tools, heat, and lots of space, but If theres anyone who wants to offer their space as a backup Incase I cant that would be much appreciated. If theres enough I will provide some lunch, and drinks. If you know what your doing I could really use your help since I wont have directions, If not stop by anyway, hang out and learn a thing or two.

*Also I need an sye Installed. I know this is more of a detailed thing, If anyone wants to volunteer to help me do this I am willing to pay. If not I will talk to holly oak or aaron stapen.

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• id lend a hand but thats the same weekend im doing my tranny and tcase swap on my cherokee.....if i get done early enough id be willing.

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• I dont have any knowledge on any of that. I would like to lend a hand still if I can. I'd hope to learn a little bit for when I have to do mine in the spring.

• Yo buddy, i can give a hand if you want to come to my heated garage next weekend....

• Hey Joshua,
    Let me know when you're doing your SYE. I was hoping to do mine next weekend too but if I can't, I figured I could come and help you and maybe get an idea of what I have in store for me.

• I also have no clue what I'm doing (Joo, no comments), but I make for good manual labor. :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• thanks guys and gals for the support, Mike I may definatley take you up on that offer If you think you have everything we need and enough space to get the Job done, as far as who's welcomed to stop by I guess that'd be up to Mike and how much space he has....

If we dont use your space though my buddy said Its a go at his shop, got 3 bays, hydro lift to the ceiling, air tools, torperdo heater...only thing I'v never found there was torque wrenchs which I know we will need, and If we do the lift there anyone is welcome...Its in elkton, md on appleton rd so Im sure Its not far from Mikes either way....So would starting early saturday morning work for everyone, then finish up whatevers left sunday?

Oh yea Mike, any good at sye Installs or should I check around?

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• well mike I'll let It be up to you, It aint my garage but Im pretty sure Its got everything we need and all the things I mentioned, with the hyrdo lift being a plus cause you can have the Jeep totally in the air, I'll let you decide though where you wanna do the lift, (not to offend anyone else) but since you seem to be the most knowledgable about the Install since you Just did a similar lift less then a month ago

• Im pretty sure we can do it in a day or so, my place is fine ive got plenty of room, the only plus is like you said the lift, but i like to sit on my A$$ and work.... :welder:

• Cool - thanks for offering to share your time Josh - and thanks guys for the offers to help with the SYE. I'll help out with the lift as much as I can. Can't do it on Thursday but Friday evening through Sunday are OK for me. We'll make sure your stuff is done before my SYE gets touched. And like Josh said in my other thread, some extra bucks for the extra contributions can definately be arranged.

Just let me know what time and where and I'm good!

• cool well let me know when you want to start, I can be there as early as you wanna get started or as late as you wanna sleep in....either pm directions or post them up for others to Join....is there any kinda beverage you would like? soda, water, gatorade, brew :lbulb: ?

• Quote from "whatevah"

I also have no clue what I'm doing (Joo, no comments), but I make for good manual labor. :D

seeing you STILL haven't gotten that hitch installed, and your hooks...yea...I wont comment.

Josh and Matt -

I can lend a hand, on the 7th I am going away to VA...but I'll be back the next day. It all depends on when and WHERE you do it, and I might stop in to get a little dirty.

I do good with manual stuff, Im still learning. Someone point and tell me what to do...like loosen this add this...and I can help you out.

• Just bumpin this back up, So mike where do you live in avon grove? and what time would ya like to start? I know I need brake fluid for the new ss lines but for the sye what do I need, automatic trans fluid? How much of It?

So far It seems like a few people were lookin to help out or hang out and watch...I'd appreciate any help or extra hands...

Urbancrawler22
    Lizigirl
    Matty427
    Whatevah
    BlackRubi
    Joo

Just tryin to get a head count so we can have some drinks and maybe some lunch for whoever shows up

• Quote from "XJ99"

So far It seems like a few people were lookin to help out or hang out and watch...I'd appreciate any help or extra hands...

Urbancrawler22

actually he'll be here doing his tranny swap as far as i know unless things change

• yea he said If he gets finished early he may come lend a hand, It would be in his benefit anyway....his coil spacers will be freshly off my Jeep

• Was a date, time, and location set?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!