Wheelin in Northern Del

• None in Delaware (other than driving out on the beach for surf fishgin), but there is wheeling in PA. There is Rausch Creek, and Paragon. If you look aroudn the site you can find some info about the different places!

Also the club takes a trip to George washington national forest in WV.

• Quote from "TJ44s"

Is there any good wheelin in the northern part of the state . I'm always looking for some place new .

like he said nothing legal.. if you have some friends with trails.. there used to be a few "roads" in the white clay preserve that were close to trails.. but they were closed due to abuse and dumping...
    hmm.. i wonder if the white clay preserve would ever open them up maybe if like a club like this volunteered to clean and maintain them.. and maybe set up a park sticker fee program...

• I doubt it. Newark has been doing a lot to maintain green space around the city. My guess is they would only be interested in further restrictions.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "joo"

There's a reason why they don't want you to wheel there...

Yeah....that's where they dump the silt when they dredge the canal and they don't want anyone to get sick from the toxens. :doh:

Actually, it's a protected wild life area.......that they dump the silt when they dredge the canal. :innocent:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I know of the wheelin in Pa and NJ , I was wondering if there was any in Del. I'm located just outside of Phila . C&D is off limits like DOD over in Pennsgrove NJ , everybody still goes there regardless of the fact its a :badidea:

• Quote from "MellowYellow"

DOD???

Department of Defence , some people call it Bridgeport , years ago it was an Army guard training base . It borders Pennsgrove and Pedrictown off of Rt130.

• Quote from "Slimer"

I doubt it. Newark has been doing a lot to maintain green space around the city. My guess is they would only be interested in further restrictions.

im sure he doesnt have much say.. but I was talking to a Park ranger down there at white clay the other day.. he seemed to agree with me that it was ashame that they closed that streach backin possum park.. they had to do it because of the dumping.. i just wonder you know if we went without asking for trails and cleaned up some areas... would that give a good impression to open some trails down the road... white clay preserve has alot of untaped trails waiting to be run....

• not very challenging, but there's Wharton State Forest, about an hour from the Del Memorial Bridge... fire roads and hunters access trails. some deep-ish sand, and some deep water crossings. the forest is huge, though... so finding anything that requires 4x4 is just dumb luck unless you're following somebody else.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• :question: Well, I HAVE noticed that the chain that blocked access to the land across from the old Kawasaki dealership on Churchman's Road has been down. :hmm:

The land goes alongside the Christiana River, behind DMV. The only signs there say no littering, and no stopping, standing, or parking. Nothing says keep out. There isn't much back there but aside from a deep water run off gulley and some trails through the woods. (My son and I road our bikes back there last summer).

It's probably illegal but if there aren't any signs posted doesn't that make it fair game? :question:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• kinda hard to promote doing something illegal, don'tcha think? 'course there is another club that does illegal runs all the time. want the password to their members-only section? I have it. :D it wasn't hard to crack. *grin*

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Quote from "Slimer"

:question: Well, I HAVE noticed that the chain that blocked access to the land across from the old Kawasaki dealership on Churchman's Road has been down. :hmm:

The land goes alongside the Christiana River, behind DMV. The only signs there say no littering, and no stopping, standing, or parking. Nothing says keep out. There isn't much back there but aside from a deep water run off gulley and some trails through the woods. (My son and I road our bikes back there last summer).

It's probably illegal but if there aren't any signs posted doesn't that make it fair game? :question:

part of that land is County parkland, if you go far enough, you'll come upon a baseball field on your right. I think that's where the county park area starts. I've got a geocache not too far behind the right-field fence. :) across the trail from the baseball field is a gated entrance from the sub-division there. Non-motorized bikes should be ok (and licensed dirtbikes, I suppose).

it's obviously not a 4x4 area, though. just challenging for a 2WD car when it gets wet (borders the marsh, after all).

Jerry / Whatevah

• Yeah I know vehicles aren't supposed to be back there. I live next to DMV. There's kids who ride their 4 wheelers back through there too. I can't blame them (I did it many years ago myself).

It is tempting though and I am not endorcing doing it. I'm just saying that it's tempting and was wondering what the law is.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• You know what am I always tempted to do...

That construction area on Christiana road. Its right near my apartment (Christiana Meadows) between RT 40 and RT 273. Its a small area, but there are huge hills and deep ditches, and a lot of water.

Of course its private property and highly visible to the police.....but I cant help but thinking about climbing those hills every day when I drive by it.

• heh... you'd get stuck :safeyet

Jerry / Whatevah

• Quote from "whatevah"

heh... you'd get stuck :safeyet

Thats okay, there's private security there that would be willing to help me out, plus plenty of police cars driving by every five minutes. :driving:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!