• theres alot of work for both with all the perches and brackets you TJ guys have, plus re-gearing/lockers , personally I think you could find one already built and used for a good price that fits your needs...

the 31spline 8.8 is arguably stronger then the 44, but is c-clip...It's a matter of preference and availability, but I'd search pirate and the other forums If your serious, you can find a well built rear for 500-1000$, which you'll easily spend on having someone gear and lock and reweld perches on them...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• I am a ford guy go 8.8 . It has adjusters in it to do the back lash so that means no shims . a lot less work to set up .

85 cj7 4&quot; suspension 1&quot; body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9&quot; / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• Im all about changing to the 8.8 their cheaper and you can pick up parts from any junk yard on a moments notice.

• I'd personally rather have the 44 than the 8.8. Just a matter of opinion. Either axle will get you what you need over the 35 - the strength and peace of mind to run lockers and larger tires. 30 or 31 spline - either way it's beefy.

I personally dont look forward to buying some axle with 60,000 miles on it already, then regearing it, cutting and rewelding new perches etc... so this is the one I've been looking at.

http://www.ok4wd.com/product.asp?id=547

It's a bit pricey but I'll be more at ease getting it new. We have the cash, just have to convince the wife to authorize the purchase. :lie:

Bottom line is that you simply can not upgrade your rear before I do, so keep that in mind. :updown:

• I agree with trying to find one already set up. Keep an eye on the forums....it is much easier and cheaper to find one that someone else did the work to. I set up my own D44 front axle and it was still pretty expensive and it took a hell of a lot of time (i never did one before).

• thats a nice looking kit, i would pay that to have everything ready to mount. IM going to need to do it sooner or later, im going to try and hold off as long as i can ive been going crazy on jeep parts the last month or so im about to be single if i dont slow it down.

• I haven't done too much research into who I'd buy from simply because I don't this is a purchase and will be OK'd for a little while as we're saving for that down payment. I thought a company a little further away made them. I picked OK simply because I could probably pick it up and save on shipping but Pottstown is closer. If you call for their price, let me know.

• Go to full circle and talk to dave and bubba, save cash, OK4wd will only mark it up to make a cut of the profit. They are great to deal with and can build any axle you want not just 8.8's, for those of you who like the D44's also.

• Quote from "BlackRubi"

Go to full circle and talk to dave and bubba, save cash, OK4wd will only mark it up to make a cut of the profit. They are great to deal with and can build any axle you want not just 8.8's, for those of you who like the D44's also.

dave did mine. highly recomended (15000 miles highway and 4 trail rides..not a single problem)

• full circle 4x4, ready to bolt in in D60's $3,125, alloy shafts and locker plus disc brakes. Can't say it enough

• I think a D60 is a bit of overkill for what I'm looking to do.
    I think a D60 is a bit of overkill for what my wallet can handle.
    I think a D60 is an awesome axle, just a bit too hardcore for me.

• Quote from "matty427"

I think a D60 is a bit of overkill for what I'm looking to do.
    I think a D60 is a bit of overkill for what my wallet can handle.
    I think a D60 is an awesome axle, just a bit too hardcore for me.

Just messing with you :peace:

I'd go with the 8.8 just weld the tubes at the housing to keep it from spinning

• Yeah, I know you guys are just messing around.

Thanks for that heads up Sean. I've been talking to the guy in Allentown about the 44. He bought it and upgraded much more quickly than expected to a 14 bolt. I'm going to make my decision tonight and then I think Scabz is next in line. I just don't know if it's worth it since I'd have to regear it before I can bolt it in. But after the price of having it regeared, between the gears, rebuild kit and cost to put it in, I may just get one built w/ 410s or 456s.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!