another tire thread...

• Steve I got 4 BFG M/Ts from TOM at Delaware tire mounted and balanced. Go back and tell him you're a member and you should get the hook up. If you want the BFG M/Ts. Mine were also 33x12.5 which seems to usually be more expensive...

Ed

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• The price of the tires isn't so much as to really influence my decision. It is more the potential extra mods the bigger tires might require. A few spacers here and there, maybe a t-case drop, but when a SYE starts to be the only real fix, with wheel spacers, bump and steering stop adjustments, and new flares to keep them covered, it all starts to add up to too much right now. I can throw 265s on it and roll.

• i have moabs w/ 285/75/16s and I dont have any rubbing issues....i do have a tcase drop and thats it.....i thought you were getting the 3" springs from andrew??

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• oh I understand, I was just letting you know about DE Tire Center. Tell him you're a member or Pres and he will give you a discount... Just make sure you speak to TOM if you do...

Ed

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Okay, I ordered 285/75R16 Destination M/Ts today. What the hell... if I need bump stops raised, fine. If I end up NEEDING an SYE, so be it. I wanted 33's all along, so damn the torpedoes...

The plan is to put the tires on first of next week, then Andrew's old 3.5" springs along with a t-case drop and adjusted bump and steering stops. Then longer shocks and longer disconnects from RE. Does anyone know if RE will sell just half of the disconnects? After that, longer brake lines so I can actually disconnect again someday.

...then of course a swing out bumper... does this EVER stop? I don't want to build a trail rig, just a Jeep that'll do blacks once in a while.

DrJ

...or I could've done 32" and NONE of the above! All of this for a freakin' inch!

• funny just last month u said u would never be any higher than 31 i thought
    guess we will lose u to modified now
    not sure about buying half a disco
    and the springs are only 3 inches not 3.5
    keith has a great stock looking carrier from bestop and i think a few others just got them

carl here u go
    http://www.mysporttrac.net/calulator.htm

steves new tires should be advertised as 33x 10.5 x 16 i believe

• Only because of all of this crap, and 32" didn't seem like it was worth the effort over 31". If this goes smoothly (which it never does, right?), this will a relatively painless jump to 33". The odd thing was that we rolled a 265 next to a 285, and there was VERY little difference, but a big difference from my 245 to the 265. ALMOST not worth the effort to go to 33" over the 32" when you see them side by side.

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!