Not really a mod but I did it by myself

• I got a Safari, Windjammer & duster that I wanted to switch out this weekend.

I drilled and installed the windshield header and started to take the soft top off and realized that I didn't have the torx tools to get the bows out.

So I got a set today at work and will finish the jop hopefully this week.

Not much but I'm a little proud of myself that I did it by myself with my tools.

• Good job Patti! My duster was probably one of my favorite things I ever bought my Jeep! You really don't even have to take the soft top completely off...it'll fit, folded up nice and tight, underneath the duster.

It's awesome to hear you're wrenchin' on your Jeep! I know I sure wouldn't have the guts to drill into mine! :) :up:

• That's cool! Did it make you sick when you drilled the first hole into your pristine, unblemished TJ? :innocent: Now that you've broke the ice you will soon be lifting it and putting bigger tires on her. :up:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• man and to think i still have a fear of drilling into mine

thats kool patti
    now i know who to call when i need holes drilled into my tj

pics would be nice

way to go

• Thanks. I didn't think to take any pics.

One whole wasn't quite lined up but I fixed it. It wasn't that hard drilling into it. I was really pleased with the way it turned out. I didn't even hurt myself. The header doesn't quite butt up flush against each other so I'll need to put a little sealer in the gap so it won't leak.

• The header can stay on with the factory soft top.

The drill in would be more secure. I used stainless steel screws and sealer so it won't corrode.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!