Lift Question

• Hey, I'm new to DJA and the jeep world. I have an 04 Saraha that bought last June and have made a few modificaions. I changed the rear bumper, added a new stereo and replaced factory speakers, added 6" bushwacker fender flares and 31" x 11.50 trxus radials on 15 x 10 Dick Cepek DC-1 wheels. I love the wheels and tires but I'm already thinking they are too small. Here are my questions...........keep in mind that this is a daily driver and I haul precious cargo a few times a week (my 3 yr old).

If I want to add a 3-31/2 inch suspension lift and 33 x 12.50 tires which lift should I go with? Rubicon Express, Superlift, Skyjacker, BDS, etc.

I don't plan to do allot of off-roading other than sand so am I fine with the "standard" lifts from one of those companies that cost roughly $600 or do I really need the "superflex" versions which are more in the $1,200 plus range.

Also, any ideas on where to have this done at? this is my first 4x4 and I'm a little paranoid about taking this project on myself.

Lastly, what else do I need to do to keep everything in good running order and safe? Do I need new gears? Some lift talk about drop pitman arms and other things I know nothing about. Is there a suspensions for dummies book or something that I could buy to build my knowledge?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks.

• 3.5 superflex in my opinion is the best for the money and handles well as a daily driver. i ran the setup with 33's for over 50,000 miles with no complaints. the kit is complete (minus SYE and drive shaft if you decide to go that route)

• i have a 3.5 RE super flex with 33 trxus tires on 15x8 and i think it handles better then stock. I'll say this thought if i had to put a car seat in my jeep everyday i would shoot myself so you might wanna really think about what a pain that will be when your an extra 6 1/2 inch off the ground.

Welcome to deja,

• its not that bad at all imo
    and i do it everyday with an RE 3.5 piece meal
    and an 1-1/4 jks b/l

what it all boils down to it get what u think will make u happy
    RE kits are great and the best bang for the buck imo

but there are some others out there that make nice lifts

i would recommend when u see a lifted tj u like
    ask the owner some questions about it
    see if they like / dislike anything
    what they would do different
    in the mean time get some seat time in
    go on a trail ride and see what ur jeep will do
    aswell as what others with the lift ur thinking of can do

drop pitman arms are not typically needed till u get over 5+ inches of lift

there are a few members here that would / will help u install it for a small fee
    pizza and / or beer should cover it

for 7-800 bucks u can get a decent RE lift that will do what u want i think
    no need to spend 1200+ on a lift imo

there is always hollyoak4x4 that can help u decide and install the lift of ur choice
    and he is right down the road from u

http://www.hollyoak4x4.com

and on a side note
    this is my daily driver
    almost 4years old and 108k miles to prove it

• I have the RE 3.5 Superflex with front and rear Adj Track bars. No matter what lift you get. If it is in the 3" range, you want to get an adjustable front track bar. That will keep your front axel centered up. Mine too is a daily driver. I am more pleased now with tit then I have been with any other car that I have owned. Many of the kits all come with different things. I have gheard that drop pitman arms are not needed unless you are in the 6" lift (not including the inch or 2 from tires). In many Jeeps it sems like the T-case drop is enough (was for mine) to stop most dirve-line vibes, but I have heard that the t-case did nothing for some Jeeps. Every Jeep is different and they will all act differently to the lift. If you do it, I would just recommend not skimping out. RE does make the what seems to be the best lift. OME shocks are said to be the best, but I am more then happy with my DTs. I am sure that someone will disagree with me on something, but I'm just stating what I have learned and heard... Did I confuse you enough? Check out http://redrock4x4.com Them guys usually have free shipping and free shocks with many different kits. They are also great people to talk to and ask questions with. They have some of the best Costomer Service that I have ever experienced.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!