Complete 3.5" lift kit, is there such a thing??

• I have an 04 TJ with no suspension modifications so far. I'm looking to run 33 x 12.50's on 15 x 10" rims. If I'm following some of the discussions on this site correctly, I need to buy a lift kit, SYE, Drive Shaft, Front/Rear track bars, and probably some other things that I'm forgetting.

At this point I'm not really looking to do any rock crawling or anything. Just want something that looks good, can perform on moderate trails and sand, is safe on the highway (this is an everyday driver and I have my 3 yr old along for the ride often). Any ideas.

All these add on parts and discussions around vibrations and issues with lifts have me pretty paranoid that making suspension modifications will become an endless task searching for a good quality ride. I'm actually leaning towards a 2" BB, new shocks, and then a 1" body lift.

Hopefully that will allow me to fit the wheels I'm looking for. Any thoughts would be appreciated????

• yes u can get a "complete" Re kit
    in the form of a 4.5 super flex kit
    then just swap out the springs to 3.5
    so basically whoever u buy it from tell them u want the 4.5 compelte kit
    with 3.5 springs in the place of 4.5
    the 4.5 springs will net u alittle over 5 inches of lift
    and the 3.5 will net u alittle over 4 inches

no kit will come with a driveshaft or sye

with a budget boost
    new shocks
    and a body lift u can run 33's with no problems

if u do the RE kits (any of them)
    ull have to think ahead to have a sye and driveshaft

hth

• Quote from "04TJguy"

All these add on parts and discussions around vibrations and issues with lifts have me pretty paranoid that making suspension modifications will become an endless task searching for a good quality ride.

Join the club =) But I'll probably take Andrew's advice and do the 4.5" kit w/3.5" springs. After seeing the Nitto Mud Grapplers this weekend, I may go with them too. I bet the mileage sucks, but they are bad-ass looking.

• I would get the RE 4.5 Superflex w/ 3.5 coils if I had to do it all over again. The SYE/CV is not needed as long as the T-Case drop kit works ok with your jeep...

There are some really crappy reviews about the Nitto tires though. As a company I used there tires on my race car and loved em, but their A/ts and M/ts have had some very bad reviews about them. If all you want is looks, then a 2"bb and a 1"BL should be fine for you. With the body lift though, you have to watch for the shifter hitting in certain areas... Andrew (JeepRubicon) knows more about that though... maybe he will say what he knows... Isn't there also a bracket or something that may be needed when doing a BL... Oh yea, anything over 2" your fan shroud hits right?

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• most body lift kits come with a drop braket to adj the t-case shifter
    it lowers the linkage

with any body lift hieght u have to sdj the shroud
    as for the fah shroud
    a few choices

either move the shroud
    or
    get a motor mount lift

either way will work

i have a jks 1-1/4 bl on my tj
    and didnt need the drop braket for the t-case
    of of those things that u will have to wait and see after the b/l is on to
    find out if ur jp does

That's MR. Captain Beach , to you

Edited once, last by ().

• body lifts can be pretty flexy if u go that route

here are a few pics (not mine ) of a tj running ;
    32" tires,
    stock shocks,
    1-1/4" spacers to level the front,
    and sway bar disconnected

• I have a couple of ideas. If you don't have a strict budget and your concern is only to clear the 33's and look good doing it while retaining a great ride. Go with an Old Man Emu 2.5" lift and 1" body lift. With this set up you won't need an SYE or driveshaft, the kit will come with the best shocks and coils you can buy for a better than stock ride and all you might want to buy are new track bars, and probably sway bar discos, and stainless brake lines wouldn't hurt either. Going with a smaller spring lift and a body lift will give you the clearance you want while maintian better ride and lower center of gravity for better on road stability and safety. If you want more than 3" or 3.5" of lift and don't like the gaps between frame and body that body lifts over an inch leave you with, go OME 2.5" kit, one inch coil spacers and a one inch body lift for 4" to 4.5" inches of lift.

Also OME makes 4 inch coils and long travel shocks that I have heard ride awesome too. You will need the the SYE and drive shaft with 4 inch coils.

Whatever you do I would recommend achieving your last inch of desired lift with a body lift to give the clearance you want but help you maintain the lowest center of gravity possible.

• Quote from "turtle"

http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/sto…642f346590bdfe88c35465800

Alll in one package, you can probably change it up to get 33's and 3.5" springs. They are a great company to deal with.

Their price on the Rubicon Express 3.5" SuperFlex kit as of like a week ago was "RE7003 is $629 plus shipping of $79." and the 4.5" kit was "RE7000 is $1029 plus shipping."

I was actually looking for feedback on them, since their prices are so low.

• if your want to do a body lift, go electric fan and not deal wiht the fan shroud and get a few more hp to the wheels my 2 cents

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!